PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...what to do

maisiemog
23-02-2011, 04:20 PM
what would you do?

I've currently got a space on a tues and a weds. I have advertised it but not in any rush to fill it. I've had an enquiry today to fill it BUT one of my current mums is going full time at work in sept so wants the weds space. If I dont keep it open I risk losing the business and shes my biggest payer, plus I love minding her 3 LOs.

So do I tell the enquiry that I have space until Sept or take it on. I have spaces every day but Weds from Sept as a mindee starts school then

christine e
23-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Take the new on and if your current parent still wants the extra day come Sept apply for a variation which should not be a problem (provided you won't be exceeding your total number for under 8's), as it wuld be continuity of care

Cx

AnnieM
23-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Could you not take on the new mindee now then apply for a variation in September for the existing mindees extra day, would be for continuity of care, so should be easy enough to get?

maisiemog
23-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I would be over my numbers with the after schoolies as well but hubby is registered as my assistant and works from home one day a week so I might see if I can increase my numbers to 7 under 8s with an assistant for the one day.

Deb
23-02-2011, 04:48 PM
worth a try, and if it goes wobblers up you will have to give notice on the 2 day a week child and not the 3 los'.

Go for it - september is a long time away!

rickysmiths
23-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I have on my Reg Cert that I can have 8 under eights, but not more than 3 under 5 , one of whom can be under one, with an Assistant. Ofsted put it on there without me asking.

I never have because I don't want to go through the issues of applying for planning permission or the cost of it, to have more than 6 children under 8 at one time.