PDA

View Full Version : Just had the dream enquiry ...

amirose
23-02-2011, 01:16 PM
but its totally impossible!!!

Twins full time - 9am start - and after school pick up everyday for older sibling.
After a slow start to minding who on EARTH would have believed I would be turning that away :laughing:

I have one under five space on a Monday and Wednesday but don't think that's much help for her!

Feels mental turning away that sort of work :panic:

nemo97
23-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Not sure what age your other mindees are but could you not get a variation for 2 days and an assistant for the 3 days that you are full :thumbsup:
You never know in this job whats round the corner so you may turn work away only to have a mindee give notice the week after :(

Alibali
23-02-2011, 01:51 PM
On the plus side, when these children leave and move on you'd lose 3 all at the one time:)

the happy house
23-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Where in west sussex are you?

I'm in littlehampton and I could do it!!! (Wishful thinking that you may be in my area, lol).

Such a shame to have to turn that one away, but I guess it's great that you're already so full!

amirose
23-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Where in west sussex are you?

I'm in littlehampton and I could do it!!! (Wishful thinking that you may be in my area, lol).

Such a shame to have to turn that one away, but I guess it's great that you're already so full!

I'm near Gatwick so although your only an hour from me probably a bit too far! :)

amirose
23-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Not sure what age your other mindees are but could you not get a variation for 2 days and an assistant for the 3 days that you are full :thumbsup:
You never know in this job whats round the corner so you may turn work away only to have a mindee give notice the week after :(

Its really true, and I hate this part of the job.
At the moment I have 2 children from one family and mums pregnant. Idea is that she will keep sending her 2 to me during her maternity leave then I will have all 3 after her maternity, but like I say its a plan!
I also have a part timer leaving in June and another starting nursery who may or may not need me come September.
This is just it the enquiries never come at the right time!
Come September I could actually have no mindees :eek:

mufftie
23-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Could be a blessing that you can't take them on as twinscould prove to be very hard work all though what a pay rice that would be !

pinky33
23-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey we must live not far from each other I'm origanally from Crawley

amirose
23-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey we must live not far from each other I'm origanally from Crawley

Where abouts do you live hun? I've been in Crawley for the last 9 years :)