PDA

View Full Version : cant do it anymore

johnnydepp1
23-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Hello

I don't know if you remember me, I don't come on here a lot, but you ladies have helped me a lot but.........

I cant be a childminder anymore I have been registered for 2 years and only had a few children and even 2 of them were only for a couple of weeks. I am tired of being messed around by parents, picking up late, generally taking the mick.

I have been offered to manage a nursery, were only just planning it at the moment and wondering if this is okay, my friends wants to turn her house into a nursery but she also wants to live there, is this possible?
She will live upstairs and turn the bottom into a nursery ( its a mansion ) but I was wondering if this is allowed?

Again I just want to say thanks for everyone who answered all my questions :)

blue bear
23-02-2011, 01:23 PM
There is a couple if nurseries run from houses round here which the families live up stairs and nursery is downstairs, I think you have to get planning permission to do this, best ring ofsted and local council planning office for advice.

Sorry child minding has not worked for you, hope the nursery does!

Deb
23-02-2011, 01:46 PM
yes it's possible.

Best of luck, and I'm sorry you feel minding isnt for you.

The Juggler
23-02-2011, 03:00 PM
sorry thigns didnt' work out but this sounds like a good plan. hope the nursery takes off:thumbsup:

mufftie
23-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Good luck , sounds ideal

dusky777
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I have worked at 2 nurserys where the family live upstairs so i cant see it being a problem, Good luck x

newandlearning
01-03-2011, 01:49 PM
hi hun.. sorry to hear things just haven't taken off for you..

but congratulations on your new venture.. that sounds great..

yes.. as the others said.. you can work as a nursery from a home

in this area I think it falls under the heading of 'childcare on domestic
premises'.. and lots of childminders around my area are beginning to
do this..

kind regards and big hugs xx:group hug:

newandlearning
01-03-2011, 02:14 PM
doh posted twice soz x