PDA

View Full Version : assistant or not????

marnieb
23-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

Need to pick your brains.

I'm currently full on a wednesday, 1 space mon/tues/thurs, 2 spaces on friday.

I have a lady coming on Friday to sign contracts etc, her son will be coming weds/thurs/fri. (but dont worry not on a weds for the first month until I can hopefully get my variation!!!!!)

Had a call this am from a lady whose coming tomorrow, she's looking for care on a mon/tues/weds.

I'm sure I have a snowballs chance in h*ll to get a variation to have 2 more under 5's on a weds, which would bring my total upto 5 including my dd.

BUT - if I got an assistant for that day, would it be allowed??

And where would I get one - advertise locally, ask at the nursery if any of their girls would help me (the bonus with that being they'll already be 1st aid & crb checked....)

The only other alternative is that I ask a mindee's mum if they could swap to a friday, which would mean I'd only need a variation for 1 more child on a Wednesday. Have you ever asked a mindee to swap days?? It's the mum I get on really well with, but tbh not sure how she'd respond!

HELP!!!!!!

blue bear
23-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I have asked parents to swap, they can only give you one of two answers so it's worth asking,

Baildon bears
23-02-2011, 03:17 PM
You could ask mindee to swop I have just done so, would you get a variation for new business not sure I thought it was for continuity of care. Could you just not refer the work to another Childminder? Sorry I hVe no idea about an assistant.

rickysmiths
23-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't have thought with all the commitments of being an employer it would be worth it for one day. Sure there are others who will be able to advise better though.

ladybug
23-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi ya, I had this dilema and ended up taking on an assis, one of the best things I have done! she is fab, few issues at first but more housekeeping than anything else, the kids love her and parents to do, maybe I got lucky!!!

mufftie
23-02-2011, 06:14 PM
i have several of my friends and family as assistants , and they work on an as and when basis , have you not got a friend who's at a loose end on wednesdays