PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

Helen Dempster
22-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm going to cut a long story short. Have been having problems with 4yo mindee for a while now - hitting, kicking, general spitefulness and name calling, not listening to me, throwing toys, not saying sorry when hurt others....to name but a few. Today was the crux (?) of the matter and I had to call mum to collect early as the other children were all getting hurt and this mindee was being v. v. destructive. Anyway, I've got a meeting with the mum tomorrow evening and wondered if any of you are able to offer me any advice or the way forward? I want to give notice as the last resort, so if I can find an alternative way then I'll try that first.

Thanks peeps :thumbsup:

The Juggler
22-02-2011, 10:14 PM
oh hon, what a nightmare. Well first of all write a plan of what you think you would like to put in place.

Before you start stress to mum that you want things to work out but that others are getting hurt so you need to work together.

Ask her what she does at home and what she suggests (it might be she's having similar problems at home??). Then tell her what you think might work and agree it together. Also agree a time scale to review it, offer to try and pinpoint any triggers for the behaviour so you can talk the mindee about these at a later /calmer time (rather than in the incident).

Maybe agree to sit with mum once a week to see if it was a good week/bad week why and discuss it together.

1michelle
22-02-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm going to cut a long story short. Have been having problems with 4yo mindee for a while now - hitting, kicking, general spitefulness and name calling, not listening to me, throwing toys, not saying sorry when hurt others....to name but a few. Today was the crux (?) of the matter and I had to call mum to collect early as the other children were all getting hurt and this mindee was being v. v. destructive. Anyway, I've got a meeting with the mum tomorrow evening and wondered if any of you are able to offer me any advice or the way forward? I want to give notice as the last resort, so if I can find an alternative way then I'll try that first.

Thanks peeps :thumbsup:

Oh dear sounds like a hand full i'm guessing you have already spoken to the parents to find out if any thing has happened at home to implement this behaviour ?? I had a similiar problem not long ago and just turned out lo was able to do what he wanted whilst at home and there for kicked of when with me after i spoke to parents and establised we agreed on a plan of action to stike out the bad behaviuor and with in amonth child happier ,kinder and very plesant to be with Hope you get things sorted as pain free as I did good luck