PDA

View Full Version : Easter gifts for mindee's

Joda
22-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Just wondered if anyone had any 'different' idea's for Easter gifts for mindee's - I usually get them an Easter egg but they get so many I wanted to do something different for them - (that isn't too expensive either).

Thanks

babs
22-02-2011, 09:09 PM
ive got lo's easter bunny and older ones colouring books, crayons...

sarah707
22-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Last year I gave them all books and they didn't seem to happy... they wanted their chocolate :rolleyes:

So eggs it is again! :D

The Juggler
22-02-2011, 09:42 PM
i sometimes just buy little packs of mini eggs - last year had 11 mindees and couldn't afford all those easter eggs!

muffins
22-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't usually buy them gifts as such. We do an egg hunt which includes plenty of chocolate, make nest cakes & sometimes make easter baskets with eggs in too. They take some of these home & I think thats enough really.

I do sound abit of a scroodge:blush:

PixiePetal
22-02-2011, 10:30 PM
we make Easter baskets and they are filled to take home :thumbsup: Only small ones :o

miffy
23-02-2011, 07:59 AM
I buy them all an egg!

Miffy xx

Happy Bunny
23-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm a meanie too lol.
With 13 children in our extended family i can't afford to do mindees as well.
I buy mini eggs and they make the little baskets for them to go in, i do an egg hunt on the last day that i have them using plastic eggs with mini eggs inside.
What with the various other creatiions that we do i think that is sufficient.

PixiePetal
23-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm a meanie too lol.
With 13 children in our extended family i can't afford to do mindees as well.
I buy mini eggs and they make the little baskets for them to go in, i do an egg hunt on the last day that i have them using plastic eggs with mini eggs inside.
What with the various other creatiions that we do i think that is sufficient.

I have plastic eggs too :thumbsup: great for hunting and re-fillable:)

Ali56
23-02-2011, 09:53 AM
On each childs last day with me before easter we always make little easter nest cakes/biscuits, and I put in a few extra little eggs/bunnies too. They all make some sort of basket in the run up to easter, and sometimes we'll have an egg hunt. My mindees add up to 14 if you count all the after school part timers (some only once a week and several over 8's!!) so I can't really afford to buy eggs for them as well as extended family!!
I try to buy all the little bits and bobs long before easter as thats when they are cheapest-it is a struggle not to eat them though.....:D

gigglinggoblin
23-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I hadnt even thought about Easter gifts, I have one family who is really against chocolate so its going to be tricky, the other I would have bought an egg for. hmmmm.

Chimps Childminding
23-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I buy all the mindees old enough to each chocolate an egg, and any babies, a board book or soft easter chick toy - had looked at books for everyone, but to be honest eggs are so cheap normally it was cheaper to buy them eggs instead!!

nic t
23-02-2011, 11:46 AM
That's the things is so much cheaper to buy chocolate. You can get an egg for £1 where as something like a bok can be alot more expensive.

To be honest it depends who I am buying for, older children normally get an egg (they would be gutted if they didn't!), babies a book and then depends on the child really, eg, if the parents are anti-chocolate then I do get a little something else!

mufftie
23-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't buy Easter prezies for mindees I usually do a basket as an activity , I'm doing bunny buisciits with them this year to put in them

Kes
23-02-2011, 03:25 PM
I went to costco the other day and they were doing a box of plastic eggs with fruit treats inside so I got them. I figure I can do an egg hunt with them and its a nice healthy option.

Mrs Pootle
23-02-2011, 04:05 PM
I went to costco the other day and they were doing a box of plastic eggs with fruit treats inside so I got them. I figure I can do an egg hunt with them and its a nice healthy option.

Ooh I like that idea. One of my mindees can't have chocolate so that would be great for her. :)

AnnieM
23-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Aldi do the chocolate bunnies for 99p (I think) they are like the lindt ones and very nice too. :blush: Mine all get one of those each. :thumbsup:

Deb
23-02-2011, 04:52 PM
In Sheffield we have a project called Every Sheffield Child Articulate and Literate (ESCAL) and to be awarded a shiny-whatever-it-is you sign up to their 10 point pledge. One of the pledges is that as minders we buy the children books at gifting occasions.

So, I buy the EY children a book and the others take home their easter nests with eggs in. (The EY children get to take their easter winnings home too).

The Book People often have some good deals, 10 books for 9 quid and such - I keep an eye out and stockpile these during the year and then I'm sorted for birthdays and christmas and such.