PDA

View Full Version : Own child not too well but open for business, advice on text to parent

kymberly
22-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi lovely ladies,

Any advice, I would be grateful? My own dd wasn't very well today, temperature, lethargic and a heavy cold. I didn't have any mindees today so not a problem but...

tomorrow I have 3 mindees due. I am happy to have them but want to let parents know beforehand in case they'd prefer not to expose their little ones to the germs. What should I say in a text to the parents?

'Hi, my dd isn't very well and is up to u if you want to send kids tomorrow' just doesn't sound right.

Help

funemnx
22-02-2011, 08:18 PM
You might want to mention that she has a bad cold and whether you will charge them or not if they don't bring lo?

miffy
22-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I think I would ring the parents and explain, that way you know they have received the message.

Like funemnx says you need to also let them know if you intend to charge if they don't bring the children

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
22-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I only mention that my own kids are ill, if they have the D&V bug. A heavy cold is just that and they will catch it anyway. But does it mean you own child may not want to join in and will you be stuck indoors all day :(

mushpea
22-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I wouldnt even bother to contact them if its only a bad cold,, all of the children i mind have come with coughs and colds the last fortnight and given them to me so I ended up working and feeling rotten all last week cause i think if they are happy to send their kids with colds and give them to me then they must be happy for the child to have them back
anyway if you accept children with colds then parents must accept that they will send childrne when yours have colds

little chickee
22-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't see the need to inform parents of this either. As others have said most parents think nothing of sending us their kids when full of the cold so i can't see the difference.

If you really want to let them know so they can chose wheter to send their kids or not somethong like " my child is unwell with a heavy cold, i am open for business as usual however if you would prefer not to send your child and expose him/her to the germs please let me know asap. If you do not send your child i will/will not (whatever you choose) charge for the day"

I personally would still charge as you are open and it is their choice not to send their child.

AliceK
23-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I wouldnt even bother to contact them if its only a bad cold,, all of the children i mind have come with coughs and colds the last fortnight and given them to me so I ended up working and feeling rotten all last week cause i think if they are happy to send their kids with colds and give them to me then they must be happy for the child to have them back
anyway if you accept children with colds then parents must accept that they will send childrne when yours have colds

Agree. Unless my children had D&V or chickenpox or something I wouldn't entertain the idea of feeling I had to inform others. They send their children to me with coughs / colds etc so if I or my children have the same what's the problem. Don't worry about it, just have an easy day with lots of free play for them all. Hope your LO feels better soon :thumbsup:

xxxx

Rubybubbles
23-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I only mention that my own kids are ill, if they have the D&V bug. A heavy cold is just that and they will catch it anyway. But does it mean you own child may not want to join in and will you be stuck indoors all day :(

same here!

JCrakers
23-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I wouldnt say anything if its a cold.
My daughter is nearly 9yrs and if she is feeling ill she stays upstairs in bed or in lounge away from others.

I couldnt afford to lose the days wage if its just a common illness

:D
Becky

kymberly
24-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all your replies.

I did text parent and as kids were 'just getting over colds/ear infections' they decided not to send them as they didn't want them exposed to more germs.

I said I will still charge as I'm available if I was needed but they were fine with that.

LO is back to normal, thank goodness x