PDA

View Full Version : Sandwiches

funemnx
22-02-2011, 08:16 PM
I have a lovely boy who was 1 yesterday. He's very easy going and loves his food (27 lbs) his parents have recently started packing him a sandwich for lunch instead of his 2 cooked meals a day which he used to wolf down without chewing even though quite chunky.

He won't let me put even a tiny bit of sandwich in his mouth, parents have said sometimes he wolfs them down and sometimes he's not interested. Well 3 weeks on and I still can't get him to eat a morsel.

Any ideas? He's a big lad so can stand to miss a meal or 2 but I've never had this problem with a little'un before. He also has other foods to eat that he likes (crackers, peppers, raisins, banana). So far he's bought philly sandwich and jam.

babs
22-02-2011, 08:18 PM
i dont feed the one yr old i have unless its breakfast cearal with milk then he has a spoon and i do, try just leaving it in front of him see if he feeds himself...

funemnx
22-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I did try that, but he just cry's. I wonder if he's hoping for his cooked dinner if he doesn 't eat the sandwich?

I suppose if he's hungry enough, he'll eat it - maybe delay lunch...?

babs
22-02-2011, 08:28 PM
i have another lo that wont eat sandwiches, but if i put filling on a bap and leave it open she eats it... shes just gone 1 as well. she will also eat if i roll bread up and slice it in circles ( like a sauage and cut it) come to think of it she likes all her food round peas, blueberries , melon balls....

Dragonfly
22-02-2011, 08:29 PM
You could delay lunch a bit to see if his really hungry, does he have a lot or big snack mid morning? could just not be hungry enough. Its different if someones spoon feeding dont have to make any effort, finger foods need a bit more effort may take him a little while to get used to it, and if you say his weight isnt a problem i'd persevere.

funemnx
22-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Cheers girls! He doesn't have a morning snack at all but has lunch at about 11.45 as he needs a sleep for 2 hours by 12.30.

I like the round food theory (I should try to disguise the sandwich as bolognaise which is his fav) ;)

miffy
22-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Try cutting his sandwich into a shape - say a car and you have one at the same time - talk to him about what's in the sandwich, how it tastes etc and he might be tempted to join in.................. worth a try! :)

Miffy xx

babs
22-02-2011, 08:55 PM
now you have made me hungry bolognaise buttie dont know why i like it on bread and butter...:D :D

funemnx
22-02-2011, 08:56 PM
now you have made me hungry bolognaise buttie dont know why i like it on bread and butter...:D :D

Mmmmm... Hungry now!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mushpea
22-02-2011, 09:13 PM
if he dosent eat his sandwich do you still give him the other stuff?? could be he has realised if he dosen eat sandwich he still gets the yummy stuff he may prefer after anyway,,,, non of mine get anything if they dont eat their sandwich first as i would just assume they are not hungry,, sand wich then fruit then wat ever they want

The Juggler
22-02-2011, 09:44 PM
perhaps he can't see the stuff he likes (the filling). if he say has chicken/ham and salad, put all the bits on the plate so he can choose what to eat first maybe???