PDA

View Full Version : Is this right.....

Fraggle1
22-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone!

hope you've all had a good day!

Today has been so stressful but I won't go into the ins and outs lol. I was supposed to meet up with friends who have come up from down south at a soft play area and when we got there is was so full - to me it was over full and they kept letting more and more people and even older children in (won't be doing that again during he holidays!), anyway...after 10 mins we left and I invited the mums back to mine with their kiddies. What I did in my notebook of events was write 'Play date' mummy's and children came to play and got the sums to sign in and write their childrens names aswell. Does that sound ok? :)

Dragonfly
22-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Sounds okay to me.

sarah707
22-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes that's fine.

what are you worrying about that you think is wrong? x

Fraggle1
22-02-2011, 07:02 PM
It's just been an awful day Sarah :( think I'm just stressing cause not had people round before and then mindee's mum turned up when one of my friends was leaving and I thought 'oh, I hope it was ok to have friends round' blah blah blah lol Just been so stressed....need a big chippy now! ha ha ha x

sarah707
22-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I think you are worrying too much!

The children had a lovely learning experience communicating with other children ... do a little obs about how wonderfully the child played or shared or something and make a point of showing it to the mum.

You are allowed a life you know!

Enjoy your chippy and relax :D

Fraggle1
22-02-2011, 07:35 PM
lol you know I was worrying so much that I forgot I could do an observation on it...they got on so well and considering it's all still quite new to mindee he was relaxed and got on well with the other winks! Note to self: RELAX!! lol

Thanks again Sarah :) x

The Juggler
22-02-2011, 09:57 PM
oh hon bless you! I often have 1 or 2 cm friends here during the week or I go to them, we take turns. I do this most weeks in fact. I prefer this to going to a toddler group every day.

I think it's perfect - they don't always want to be with 30 (or more!) other children.:thumbsup: As Sarah says lots of good experiences for sharing and communicating.

Fraggle1
22-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Awww thanks - feel better now. I do go to my CM friend house during term time, I think it was because this was out of the blue in a way and I was toally unprepared. Hey, if I got through today ok I can get through any day! ha ha ha :) xx

manjay
22-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Awww thanks - feel better now. I do go to my CM friend house during term time, I think it was because this was out of the blue in a way and I was toally unprepared. Hey, if I got through today ok I can get through any day! ha ha ha :) xx

Being a childminder is very often about thinking on your feet and it sounds like you did fab:thumbsup: You will relax as you get used to it:D

miffy
23-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Your day sounded lovely and the children all enjoyed themselves - your mindee had a chance to make some new friends too! Perfect!

Hope you enjoyed your chippy :)

Miffy xx

Hebs
23-02-2011, 08:10 AM
we went to soft play yesterday, got there for it opening and we were first there, however when we left it was soooooooooooo busy

i think parents would appreciate you leaving if it was too busy and going back to yours with friends, safety comes first :thumbsup:

and hey its the middle of the week :D

Fraggle1
23-02-2011, 01:52 PM
chippy was lovely thanks :) shouldn't of had it though, need to loose a couple of chins! lol
when I look back it was just me stressing...friends we're ok and most of all the children we're happy - luckily my mindee is really laid back and happy. Better day today :) Been to the library and come back for a play and when they wake up if it's not raining I think we may go to the duck pond! :) I know that once he is settled here and I've got more of a routine I am going to really love it! Thanks for being here for me yesterday xx