View Full Version : finger food ideas?

Hebs
22-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I have a 10 month old mindee who has decided not to eat jars now,

So i'm looking for ideas for finger foods as mindee doesnt have many teeth

Im stuck :-\ x

Flisspaps
22-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Rice cakes with toppings (philadelphia cheese, roasted vegetables put through the food processor etc)

Broccoli/cauliflower/carrot sticks/green beans

Breadsticks

Mango/melon sticks

Strips of cooked chicken/beef/pork

Penne with pesto/tomato sauce/any sauce

If he/she has got a pincer grip then you can give things like bolognese or shepherds pie as they'll be able to pick them up. To be honest, you can probably give pretty much any food you'd give to other children other than honey, whole nuts/grapes/cherry tomatoes.

Even without teeth they'll be able to gum chunky foods quite well.

babs
22-02-2011, 05:12 PM
when lo i have was 10 months old ( now just gone 1) he ate anything even tho he had no teeth no matter how hard it was i use to panic thinking he couldnt cope and sister says to me barbie hes ok he has it at home... then i smile and say ok, i have another whos 2 months older and wont put it in her mouth if its hard, so soft toast, pancakes, steamed veg, pasta, spagetti, rice, banana, melon, grapes cut in half, loves blueberries, orange,potato wedges, i think it depends on child the 2 i have are very different when it comes to eating..

The Juggler
22-02-2011, 05:22 PM
pasta (even used cold for between meal snacks)
cooked veggie sticks
crumpet fingers
fruit fingers
cheese sticks (cut out of a large block to save money on buying sticks)
give her some dips maybe, guacamole, humous.

singingcactus
22-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I have a 10 month old mindee who has decided not to eat jars now,

So i'm looking for ideas for finger foods as mindee doesnt have many teeth

Im stuck :-\ x

Ha, my 10 month old has just gone the same way today. He so didn't want his mush snack today he pinched my sons toast snack :D I have told dad that he may be getting ready for a regular packup like daddy has. I'm going to keep a few jars of baby mush here just in case he has an off day and needs to be babied.
He eats things like pasta, veggie sticks, fruit, bread (white/brown/pitta/bagel etc), rice cakes, cheeses, cereals, meat chunks etc during the day here so he might as well go on them full time. I might get to eat my food then too, instead of him pinching it. :)

Hebs
22-02-2011, 08:05 PM
thanks guys xx