PDA

View Full Version : own website

donnamarie2
22-02-2011, 11:21 AM
To those of you that have you own website , have you got a lot of business from it ? How do you advertise it , is it just on your posters etc?
I'm trying to get some business and am wondering if maybe this is the way to go?
I ve advertised everywhere know to man ,and am going to leaflet all the book bags in nursery and reception on my return to school despite having large posters all over the place.
Any more ideas ? ive done all the usual childcare.co.uk,netmums, local schools , shops ,fis, all childminders have my card etc.

pinkbutterfly
22-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I have had some business via my website. A lot of enquiries but most of them I couldn't do due to lack of space. But I've passed those onto my friends'. The key is to get the key words right on your website then the search engines will find you. If a parent types in my town, postcode or town near me + childminder I come up as first on google. It's definitely worth it. It's not expensive if you know where to look. I got my website built for me just as I wanted and have my own domain and all in it was less than £30.

donnamarie2
22-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I have had some business via my website. A lot of enquiries but most of them I couldn't do due to lack of space. But I've passed those onto my friends'. The key is to get the key words right on your website then the search engines will find you. If a parent types in my town, postcode or town near me + childminder I come up as first on google. It's definitely worth it. It's not expensive if you know where to look. I got my website built for me just as I wanted and have my own domain and all in it was less than £30.

That sounds good , could i ask who did your website?

pinkbutterfly
22-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I got a graphic designer to do the graphics and then my brother cut it up (the designer would have done it for £7 tho). If you want I'll share URL via private message.

donnamarie2
22-02-2011, 01:44 PM
That would be great thanks.