PDA

View Full Version : Feel anxious

Fraggle1
22-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Hiya all!

I'm absolutely loving having my little mindee and we've been having a great morning (he's just having a nap now) and we're off to soft play this afternoon. I just can't help but feel anxious, is this normal when you first start out? Will I start to relax after a couple of weeks? lol

xx

JCrakers
22-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Im always a little nervous when a new mindee starts...when I get to know the little one, their likes/dislkies and what they are capable of I relax completely.:D

I think everyone is anxious when they first start something new.
It will be fine after a while and will become 2nd nature.
Becky x

kel1983
22-02-2011, 11:06 AM
On my first day I felt very nervous. I didnt know the child at all and she had only come to visit for 2 hours when she signed the contract. I spent the first couple of days trying to find out what she liked to play with and just getting to know her. She was only 21 months so found it a little strange her self. I was lucky though. She settled really easy and could care less that her mum had left her with me.

Her mum has said she lovess coming to me and I am very happy too.

The only thing is I think she is so settled with me now that she tries to over step her boundries. She is turning into a right cheeky little girl. :laughing:

The Juggler
22-02-2011, 01:25 PM
i was terrified on my first day (before it started) but then I found I was too busy to actually worry through the day.

I still worry when new mindees start - even after 6 years :laughing: :laughing: but it nearly always is fine.