PDA

View Full Version : DHC Course

mummyof3
21-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi Everyone

I have just started this course and the information given and all the books to learn and adapt have thrown me! Is it really this hard or am I just worrying over nothing? I have 3 children so I am not completely stupid I know all there is to know about childcare etc but reading these guidelines is making me feel like the worst mum in history!! Please tell me there are others out there that felt/or are feeling the same??

Sarah.:panic:

sarah707
21-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Lots of members have done this Sarah... I'm sure they will be along to help.

I do know though, it's usual to feel overwhelmed when you start any new course , I did when I started my Open University ones. Sometimes it helps to give it a few days to sink in before moving on to the next bit...

If there's any general help about courses etc I can give please ask! :D

deeb66
21-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear that you are struggling.

There are quite a few people on the forum who have recently done or in the process of doing DHC.

If you get really stuck just ask I am sure one of these lovely ladies will help you.

Good luck.

elaineg
21-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I was so worried about my assignments when I handed them in but to my surprise I have an A for unit 3, (awaiting result of unit 4), if I can do it anyone can, the last time I wrote an assignment was about 25 years ago at school. If I can help at all on the units I have done let me know.

love Elaine XX

mum22
21-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Sarah

I have just started DHC just in middle of unit 2, it is hard to start but I have found that if I do a little bit as soon as I get home ( I take the laptop to bed) over the next few nights after the course and it all soon slots into place.

you will be fine !:clapping:

If you need any help with Unit 2 let me know -

x helen

Polly2
21-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi
I am in the middle of this too - I have found that you need to do just a little at a time then it doesn't seem so daunting!!

Yes I felt like a bad mum too but it's different when the children are not your own.

I am sure you will be fine - lots of help on here anyway xx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear you are struggling but I think a lot of people do

Dont stress about it and hope you get some help

Keep us posted

Angel xx