PDA

View Full Version : childcare for the odd 1.5 hours

kel1983
21-02-2011, 07:18 PM
One of my mums asked me if I would have her LO on the odd occassion for about 1.5 hours while she has her driving lessons.

I told her this shoudlnt be a problem but now thinking about it not sure if it is a good idea.

What do you all think?

birch24
21-02-2011, 07:21 PM
If you can fit the child in, I would do it. Hopefully it would only be short term anyway.:D

onceinabluemoon
21-02-2011, 07:27 PM
same here.

If I would have had somebody to have mine for the odd hour and a half I may be able to drive, lol (as it is I still cant...)

Seriously though she may not be able to take lessons if she cannot have this childcare, its only an hour and a half so unless its at a ridiculous time or interferes with something in your private life I would do it

kel1983
21-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys.

I think I am happy to do it. The LO is lovely and really easy to look after and her mum is a single parent so I would be helping her out.

I only mind this LO and one other at the moment so defintely have the space.

sarah707
21-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I do extra hours for parents if i can fit them in... I am sure the mum will really appreciate you helping her out :D

marnieb
22-02-2011, 08:10 AM
I do odd hours for an ex-mindee whos mum is pg and has lots of hospital appointments - BUT I charge only by the hour, as it worked out if I was feeding her dd and only charging for 1.5 hours, I was hardly making any money.

angiemog
22-02-2011, 09:50 AM
look after an ex mindee for 2 1/2 hours once a week. The mum is flexible so she comes when I can fit her in and this changes weekly. I do try to keep it the same day but it depends whether my husband is here (he's my assistant and a shift worker) I like it, short session gives other mindees a different playmate for a a couple of hours. I would do it and fit it in when you have a space rather than save a specific time for her. x

caz3007
22-02-2011, 09:54 AM
A mum of mine works as a carer for the council and will be out of work in the summer. She wants to set up a business using the massage course she did before Lo was born. She has asked if I will have him ad hoc when she has clients so she can try and get something set up for when she loses her job....its fine by me. I dont choose to be full, so can fit him in whatever day she needs. Have decided that she will have to come and find me if its silly times though, which wont be a problem