PDA

View Full Version : 5 hours minding mid-week

newandlearning
21-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi guys..

Hope your half term has started well..

I've had an enquiry for October when a mum is needing uni cover but its just
for 5 hours one day a week..

Do you tend to take on care for short periods like this?

Just wondering..

Kind regards xxx :) xxx

onceinabluemoon
21-02-2011, 06:38 PM
It would depend on the age of the child and the amount of work I had on at the time.

But I have taken a child on for one day before,which (in time) stretched tp a day and a half, then a day and a half and a couple of hours on the 3rd day and so on and so forth, little bitty nothing hours. But, that child has been full time since September, you never know how these things work out...

samb
21-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes I would if I had the space but not sure if I would feel happy keeping the space open for that long even with a retainer. I mean what would happen if in that time you were offered more hours and were stuck to just 5? If it was to start in the next month I would.

The Juggler
21-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I've had several children for just one day a week. Maybe tell her it's a min. of a 6 hour day (or whatever works for you) to make it worth your while doing.

miffy
22-02-2011, 07:59 AM
I also have children who just come one day a week - I would charge for the whole day though not just a few hours - it has to worthwhile financially for you and take account of all the paperwork costs too.

Miffy xx

caz3007
22-02-2011, 10:29 AM
I have one Lo who is on a Weds during school time. Sometimes he also comes on a Monday and sometimes when mum goes to the hairdressers on another day. I dont mind, its suits me as another is adhoc, but never does a Weds.