PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions and examples of what you write....

Newbie1!
21-02-2011, 06:19 PM
His guys, Ive noticed alot of you keep logs of things in a diary which you use to evidence to Ofsted you have done, such things as smoke alarm tests.

I have today purchased a bargain hardback diary and so am intending on starting to write everything I need to in there.

I wonder if someone could tell me what sorts of things you note in there? I found a really old post about someone who had written things in different colour pens and think that would suit me down to the ground, but cant find the post again now!! ;)

Any help would be much appreciated - this is my getting organised week!! :laughing: :laughing:

green puppy
21-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I write the children's attendance times for that day, planned activities, any problems, any comments from parents regarding children's new interests or anything else that I think needs recording, sometimes quick obs, fire drills, visitors, what toys I have out for that day........

Newbie1!
22-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Yikes.....think I need a bigger diary :eek: :eek: Thank you xx

mama2three
22-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Different coloured pens? Thats waaay too organised for me!!

My daily file is a 1-30 concertina file. i use it for things I need to do on a fairly regular basis - such as fire drills , checking first aid box , filling in better food file etc. each task i put on a filecard and put it in to do on a particular date. Each day I check to see what is in todays part of the file..that way I dont forget.

My own diary i note who is here and times , a very sketchy overview of the day , and what I have spent! Sometimes quick obs , comments , and ideas for next steps.

Newbie1!
22-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Different coloured pens? Thats waaay too organised for me!!

My daily file is a 1-30 concertina file. i use it for things I need to do on a fairly regular basis - such as fire drills , checking first aid box , filling in better food file etc. each task i put on a filecard and put it in to do on a particular date. Each day I check to see what is in todays part of the file..that way I dont forget.

My own diary i note who is here and times , a very sketchy overview of the day , and what I have spent! Sometimes quick obs , comments , and ideas for next steps.

:eek: :eek: You think coloured pens are organised and you have all that OMG!!!

What I really need is a fabulously helpful outstanding childminder :cool: to give me a list of what I should and shouldnt be doing so I can make sure Im fully covered....first aid box....ooo dear never even thought of that! :eek: :thumbsup:

manjay
22-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I use a page per day A4 diary. I write everything and anything. I write who's due to come each day, notes of any texts or messages from parents about sick children, fridge & freezer temps, snacks and lunch with temp if necessary, activities, problems with daily risk assessment, how many meals I have served for my accounts, how much money spent and how many 1/3s of milk I will claim for that day. Then I have some cards like Mama2three that get moved along the diary once the task is done.

I would like to think that in a few months time if someone asked me what I did on a specific day I would know exactly:rolleyes: