PDA

View Full Version : the child I gave notice to......

jumpinjen
21-02-2011, 05:59 PM
came with dad to pick up little sister today and came in to the lounge where all the other children were having a wonderful game together making cakes from playdough (very elaborate some of them), cooking them, setting them up in a shop and then selling them, complete with plastic bags over the hand to not touch the cakes etc..... well this is the 5yr old that eventually gave notice on as she just couldn't be nice to anyone or play nicely, and constantly upset the other children, it was really awful for months and culminated in a frank converstaion at parents home, decision to end care immediatley and a discussion with child about what was happening. Anyhow..... at the door as they left she said to me ina sickly sweet voice..... "I don't know why i don't come to yours to play anymore..... it looks really fun" :eek: I replied just as sweetly that it was because she couldn't manage to play nicely with the other children and that we had talked about it together with mummy and daddy. "oh" she replied. Me thinks a whole day watching day time telly at nana's house instead of going to the park and playing has hit home. And do you know what? i feel vindicated, as without her, it is this fun all the time, for all ten hours a day that i mind, come school time or holiday time!

jen x

miffy
21-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Well said you! Perhaps she thought you'd change your mind and have her back :rolleyes:

Glad you've had a lovely time

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
21-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Maybe she will grow up a bit more now. Reminds me of my friend's daughter, she is 8yrs old now and very bossy! She even tells her mum off for things :eek:
I used to enjoy having her over for playdates, but she just bosses my daughters around in their own home and does not 'get' that the guest is not supposed to boss anyone :rolleyes:

Glad you are having good days and long may they continue :clapping:

breezy
22-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Sounds like she may have learnt a valueable lesson, well done you:)

SYLVIA
22-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Isn't it funny that sometimes they don't know what they've got till its gone!
Stick to it and long may your happy days continue

Happy Bunny
22-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Long may your nice days continue lol

I have just had a contract terminated, my house is now calmer than it was, even my daughter walked in and asked why it was so quiet.

jumpinjen
22-02-2011, 09:11 AM
My husband laughed at me and said how sad to to have got one over on a five year old!!!

jen x

caz3007
22-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Glad things were calmer and glad the child now actually knows where she went wrong.

I have 2 12 year old boys, and do ad hoc in the hols. They are good friends but can be extremely silly and hard work together. One came yesterday and asked why they never do the same days, so I told him, thats its ok for a short time after school, but would be tearing my hair out after all day cos they dont listen to me and behave.

Each is great on their own or with other children, its just the two together

WibbleWobble
22-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Glad things were calmer and glad the child now actually knows where she went wrong.

I have 2 12 year old boys, and do ad hoc in the hols. They are good friends but can be extremely silly and hard work together. One came yesterday and asked why they never do the same days, so I told him, thats its ok for a short time after school, but would be tearing my hair out after all day cos they dont listen to me and behave.

Each is great on their own or with other children, its just the two together

i have exactly the same problem with two schoolies. I have one regulalrly two day a week and the other ahd hoc....but mum knows i wont have him on the two days the other one is here. On their own and with others they are fine...but put them both together and they are terrible. They know why they are not here together and so do their mums! Apparently they had a similar problem at their last CM...and she gave notice to both instead!

mandy xxx