View Full Version : Car insurance - do we need business use???

21-02-2011, 05:15 PM
As the title says, what type of cover should we have? Just looking at buying an 8 seater and want to get some quotes before I buy.

Thank you again for any help xx

21-02-2011, 05:17 PM
You need to tell them you are a CM. Mine has business use on the policy :D

christine e
21-02-2011, 05:26 PM
You definately need to insure for business use


21-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes will have to have class 2 business insurance and make sure they know its for childminding. I have had it put on my insurance certificate just so they cant get out of it although its already included on my insurance.:)

21-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't drive. I asked my husband to enquire with his insurance company as to what the situation would be if he gave mindees a lift sometimes.
The answer was that as long as I am in the car, we don't need business insurance.
Is that wrong then?
Cos I'm having one of those days when I think I'm going nuts:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the happy house
21-02-2011, 06:28 PM
the EYFS guidance says we must have class 1 business use and it must be specified on the insurance.
My insurance company didn't charge any extra for it.

candy cat
21-02-2011, 07:18 PM
class 1 any mindees carried whether odd trips here and there you still need business insurance.