PDA

View Full Version : wondering what types of things you do in the bad weather with mindees

rachelmama
21-02-2011, 04:12 PM
hallo
wondering what types of things and places you all go to with mindees in the bad weather to keep them entertained at home aswell, and what is your daily routines during term times and holidays would be gtatful for your ideas olease thankyou x:)

amirose
21-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I misread this as "what do you do with bad MINDEES" :laughing: :laughing:
In answer to your actual question ... :o
Indoors we do:
Baking days which normally includes making something for lunch like homemade pizzas.
Movie days with the curtains shut and popcorn
Craft days - make play dough, salt dough etc
Role play days - I will set up a shop. or doctors etc. If I can find one I will include a big box for them to use their imaginations with - normally becomes an ambulance, car etc
Outdoors we wrap up warm and visit the parks, go for walks, feed the ducks.
Soft plays are good and netmums have a whats on page for local area
Our local lesuire centre has things on too, bouncy castle day etc
Swimming
Visit the pet shops/fish shops to see the animals
Bowling

I hope that helps :D

christine e
21-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Well even though it was cold and a bit wet we still went to local country park and met up with some other minders from the forum and even had a picnic under awning with patio heaters on! Went for a muddy walk and fed the ducks. Nice to get out for a couple of hours. We would also do things like go to the library and museum if we wanted to go out but not outside and if I was really desperate would go to a soft play centre (try and avoid during school hols as the can be a nightmare). Or we may just go out somewhere for lunch to break up the day.

Cx

rachelmama
21-02-2011, 04:34 PM
thank you for replys xxx:D

tulip0803
21-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I am building up a stock of waterproof trousers and coats so we can still go out and play everywhere.

Also go to the library and museums, even a ride on a bus or train and back:)