PDA

View Full Version : How long before people get back to you?

donnamarie2
21-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi, When people have looked round how long is it before they generally get back to you?
I had someone visit the other day she didn't ask much really and took a brochere away just wondered when to write her off lol.

Alibali
21-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Mine have all got back to me the same day. However for a few friends it has taken up to a week.

marnieb
21-02-2011, 01:52 PM
3 or 4 days is normally enough - it depends on the 'feeling' you get from them. It sounds as if you already think they wont be getting back to you, but if it's a maybe kind of feeling then I normally text and ask them to let me know within 48 hours if they require the space as I have someone else interested (even if that last bit is sometimes a lie! :blush: )

Chimps Childminding
21-02-2011, 02:16 PM
On my paperwork it says that if i don't hear from back within 14 days I will assume they don't need the space and may offer it to someone else - this allows them plenty of time should they be visiting a few childminders/nurseries. Obviously if I have someone else interested I would then get in touch!

muffins
21-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Yep i always leave it 5-7days before I give them a gentle nudge!

donnamarie2
21-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks, she said she had another place to look at that had been recomended ,i can't remember the day she said though!
It's very very quiet round here so this was my 2nd person that id got to look since i registered last summer!
The 1st person that looked came and i look after him before and afterschool since last oct but it's just not enough money and am wondering weather to jack it all in and find another job.

donnamarie2
21-02-2011, 03:02 PM
She has just sent me a txt saying she is looking into her sister looking after her so would let me know .
I won't be holding my breath !

Chimps Childminding
21-02-2011, 03:07 PM
She has just sent me a txt saying she is looking into her sister looking after her so would let me know .

My nasty suspicious mind working overtime here, but you didn't give her your Ofsted number did you :eek:

Mrs Pootle
21-02-2011, 03:09 PM

At least she has got back to you.

donnamarie2
21-02-2011, 03:17 PM
My nasty suspicious mind working overtime here, but you didn't give her your Ofsted number did you :eek:

Hi , no i haven't given her any details like that i would only do that once they have signed contract.

Chimps Childminding
21-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi , no i haven't given her any details like that i would only do that once they have signed contract.

Sorry didn't mean any offence, just me and my suspicious mind :blush:

donnamarie2
21-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Sorry didn't mean any offence, just me and my suspicious mind :blush:

Oh no offence taken just a bit gutted really !! I'm never going to get any children lol

Chimps Childminding
21-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh no offence taken just a bit gutted really !! I'm never going to get any children lol

You will, they are like buses!! None for ages and then they all come together :eek: Good luck!!!