PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad

Tatia
21-04-2008, 09:13 AM
One of mindees is moving away in about 3 or 4 weeks. I've known dad was looking for a new job so they could move in with his g/f so it's not a complete shock but I really care for this lb. I took him on last year after his dad gained custody in a messy court battle. J was only 4 at the time and it would break my heart to see him so bravely trying to hide his tears and cry quietly because he missed his mother. He didn't understand she was placing him in danger, he just loved her. So I would hold him through his tears and support him through the bad behaviour and cheer each little success. I'm just gonna miss him so much. They're moving too far away to make visits realistic. I'm just going to have to say good-bye.:( I'm going to complete a memory book of his time with us so he can take it with him.

I feel like crying as I wrote this. Funny how much they come to mean to you!

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Tatia

Oh poor you its horrible when this happens - hope you are ok

Sorry he is leaving you soon

Hugs to you

Angel xx

Lou
21-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh i nearly cried reading this.

you must be so sad, but how lucky the lo is o have had a fantastic chilminder like you x

Noodles
21-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Awww thats so sad but what you have got to remember is the great times that he has had with you and how much you have probably brought him along in his little life. Im sure dad will keep in touch with photos and letters if you ask him:)

miss muffit
21-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi its always sad when children move on, i'm sad for you, I think the memory book is a great idea, something he can remember you and your family and the time he had with you.

hope you are ok

Kaz x :)

sarah707
21-04-2008, 09:27 AM
I hate it when they move away - even after all these years I'm not very good at last days! :(

yummymummy
21-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Ahh that is so sad:( But really good that life seems to be picking up for dad so hopefully the little boy will be really happy too.
I think the attachment you feel for the mindees is something that you don't think about when you first start out and it is so hard when they move on.
Know exactly how you feel but it sounds like you have had a really positive influence on this little boy to set him up for his future so well done you!:)

Fandangles
21-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I think a memory book would be a lovely idea.

Would it be possible to talk to him on phone/via webcam?

Tatia
21-04-2008, 10:38 AM
But really good that life seems to be picking up for dad so hopefully the little boy will be really happy too.

It is good for him. Dad's g/f and her daughter's are very sweet. I met them one Sunday when they all showed up at my front door!:eek: It will be good for J to have a family and pets. I'm really pleased for them, honestly.

And yes, I think Dad will be more than happy for me to speak to J by phone once ina whle, as well as send him cards for b-days and other special events.

miffy
21-04-2008, 10:43 AM
That's sad Tatia but hopefully the little boy will be more settled

Hope you get another family soon

miffy xx

yummymummy
21-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Ahh, they must really think a lot of you to bring girlfriend and daughter round to be introduced, I'm sure they'll keep in touch.

Twinkles
21-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I know it can be heartbreaking when they move on. At least this lo is moving on to a positive situation.
You should be proud of the fact that you helped him through such a difficult time in his life and he has that stable foundation for his childhood.

emler
21-04-2008, 12:07 PM
That is really sad Tatia - poor you. I'm not very good with goodbyes. It sounds like the little boy has been very lucky to have you as his childminder.

Emler x