PDA

View Full Version : Which order?

bluechair84
20-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone

I found this site a couple of weeks ago and am addicted! I've read up on lots of posts as I'm pre reg which has been really helpful.

This might sound like a daft question but I'm going to the breifing sessions in a few weeks. Do I have to wait to finish those before attending a first aid course or can I go ahead and do first aid now? I'm keen to get going, been a cm years ago so am aware of whats involved, also have a childcare background so not new to that either- can't see myself not wanting to do it after breifing, even with the extra paperwork now. I'm also waiting for a call from someone regarding the on-line icp so hoping to do that sooner as other one is not til May. Is there a particular 'order'?

Thanks

amo x

sarah707
21-02-2011, 08:38 AM
It depends on your local area and how they want you to do things... they are all different.

I would wait for the first session and take a list of questions with you.

Good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on :D

~Grasshopper~
21-02-2011, 10:33 AM
hiya,

I guess it doesnt matter what order you do things in but you cant start childminding until you have completed registration which all in all took me 9mths mainly waiting for my local council to sort the icp ect then CRB's and pre reg visit. i think it would be a waste if you did your first aid to soon as you have to redo it every 3 years so if you didnt get regisitered for say 6mths you would only get 2 1/2 years childminding from it. iykwim :)

I would wait till your briefing session and see how your area does things, mine wouldnt give me the application forms until id done my icp but i believe you can apply online now with ofsted, that would really speed things up if you applied now.
xx