PDA

View Full Version : Do you days change slightly through the school holidays?

Fraggle1
20-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Hiya!

It's our half term this week and the normal groups etc...aren't on and I have my 7 year old with me. We'll prob. end up going out more for longer walks/visits cause I don't have to get back for the school run.
Do you find your plans change alot from what you'd usually do - especially if you have your own older children?

xx

Baildon bears
20-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Yes they do, I have my own two children 7 and 5 at home so it's hard to keep them entertained will be going out alot hopefully depending on weather.

manjay
20-02-2011, 09:24 PM
School holidays are hard work but great fun. I have most of my after school children all day this week as well as the little ones so it will be a little hectic here. We will spend as much time as possible at the woods without the restrictions of having to come home half way through the afternoon.

The Juggler
20-02-2011, 09:48 PM
i find it great not to be tied to school, nursery runs but I can't go to groups because my older children are over age for softplay and children's centres.

I don't mind though, the littlies love the big ones. we get out in the garden, we get out to the parks, farms, library. Always at least 2 hours outdoors each day.

mushpea
21-02-2011, 06:59 AM
yes mine changes too, we tend to go out for walks in the woods, parks and any other free places! I only have 2 out of my 4 schoolies in the hols and also loose 2 littlies as they are termm time only so its actutaly quieter here in the hols,,
I also do do themes or plan through the holidays its very much child led play and activites

miffy
21-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Yes, different mix of children (some come holidays only and others are not here in the holidays) each day - can be hectic!

Just looked at the weather forecast and it's not good :(

Miffy xx

Louise0208
21-02-2011, 07:47 AM
my week will be different :o all mine are schoolies so i have 7 kids here (well 6 as my 13 yr old son doesnt count as he will probably be in bed all day :rolleyes: )

as iv got my 11 yr old daughter here she entertains the kids on top of usual activities, shes a bit of a clown and can make everything out of anything!

my boy mindee (6) will bug my son till he gets out of bed & play beyblades with him, he's a single child & hangs onto my son all the time, thankfully my sons ok with this & hes a good role model :littleangel:

cant go out today which is a shame as it looks like its going to be nice...got to wait in for the gas man.....the kids will have to scream the estate down in the garden :D

nokidshere
21-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Mine is calm!

I have my own two boys ages 9 and 12 and I have two mindees who are hoilidays only ages 9 and 14 on Mon, Thur and Fri - none of my other children come in the holidays - and they sort of just do their own thing. :D

Louise0208
21-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Mine is calm!

- and they sort of just do their own thing. :D

same here really, i put on plenty on activities especially for the 4yr old but shes more interested in what the older ones are doing :p

debratina
21-02-2011, 08:34 AM
i love the holidays - no school runs :laughing:
we are off to rollerworld this afternoon and on wednesday we always go to the cinema - orange wednesdays
also i don't have to cook as much ;)
debra x