PDA

View Full Version : how m i meant to go out now?

devoncm
21-04-2008, 08:17 AM
OK dont know about all of you where you are but here its raining cats and dogs, now i have had my 1 yr old mindee from 8 today and got him til 1.30 and comes back again later, i have to drop my eldest daughter to school for 8.40 and my youngest to nursery for 12.45, early drop off was ok as i had rang my mum to take her as she works at the school and my raincover is broken, when i open his bag to get out his lunch there are no shoes and no coat-she said he has a jumper if i go out anywhere and she knows i do not drive. i could probably use my step sons boots for him just to keep his feet warm but i have no coat he can use.

On top of that for having one good day last week with him she has put in no dummy-great for me he always has his dummy to go to sleep and hes yawning his head rubbing his eyes, im sure there will be tears soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fionamal
21-04-2008, 08:23 AM
I know where your coming from.

I have a mum who does this all the time to me. Never thinks to bring clothes some days as she drops J off in jammies. Never has a jacket and sometimes not shoes.

I now keep one of my daughters old jackets here for her just incase its very cold and wet and have some clothes that shes outgrown as well.

We shouldnt have to do it really but how else do they expect us to go about our normal day.

RedDragon
21-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Oh dear. I feel I have it so easy!

RedDragon
21-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I would definitely have a word with the parents - have a bag or some sort of storage for each child with a change of clothes/a dummy etc in it that you can keep.

yummymummy
21-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Just another typical childminding day then?!
Hope the rain stops in time for it to make things a bit better for you.:D

sarah707
21-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Over the years I have built up a stock of waterproofs... it's a nightmare otherwise, I agree! :rolleyes:

donnahay0
21-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I know it won't be of any help to you today (unless rain clears up) - perhaps you could write a list of items for the parent to provide that gets kept at your house. Hopefully they might actually provide some of the items.

Purchase a couple of spare dummies to keep at your house.

I do hope your day doesn't go too bad. Thinking of you x

devoncm
21-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the tips and i do have some boots he can wear although they will be too big but the only coats i have is a purple coat with flowers on so not really great.

Probably wouldnt be so bad if OH wasnt in bed after doing 12 hours on night shift!!

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Sorry to rub it in but we have lovely weather here - bit cold but its sunny and dry

I have a day off too

Sorry ha

Angel xx

RedDragon
21-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I've started doing a Newsletter - all my moans are going to go in that - appropriate clothes/shoes for weather, money on time etc - will try to add some positives (was going to put well done to the children who won the trophy and certificates at school - but I can't remember which children won them! :blush: ).

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I usually put my moans in a newsletter too ha

Angel xx

devoncm
21-04-2008, 09:42 AM
ooh thats a good idea claire but not sure if would work with his parent though she a bit skitzy.

Thanks angel for that-at least someone has nice weather, its gotta be somewhere right?

Well i have looked all over for some sort of coat and all i could find was a fleece aged 6 so miles too big but not too bad of it drizzles at least will keep him warm, boots will be too big too but ive decided ill keep them for when he has none again.

Oh yeah and it took me an hour to get him to sleep as he had no dummy!

could do with something strong to drink but ill have to be happy with the water for now

devoncm
21-04-2008, 12:23 PM
She has just picked him up and brought 2 dummies round that she said can stay here-woo hoo at least i got dummies and help sooth him that way.