PDA

View Full Version : Arrgghh - feel cross cos I felt guilty

caz3007
20-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I went out for lunch today with hubbies family. Hubby couldnt make it as he and DS had prior arrangements. When I got picked up, my phone kept ringing, and texts kept arriving. It was one of my mums wanting to me to have LO extra tomorrow. I was strong and decided to contact her on my return home. My neice kept on pointing out my handbag sounded like a disco :panic: . Now why did I feel guilty for not answering or replying straight away on a Sunday :) I usually answer immediately, but felt today as it was Sunday that I would make them wait.

Still feel guilty or wouldnt have posted :blush:

bexcee
20-02-2011, 05:03 PM
STOP FEELING GUILTY!!!

You're not on call 24/7 to them! You are entitled to a weekend just like anyone else and if you worked in a nursery you wouldn't be open at the weekend and wouldn't be taking calls outside of working hours. Bit rude of her to keep on at you in my opinion and I would of been tempted to send a quick text saying that I am at a family function at the moment and would call her later to discuss.

Now go and enjoy the rest of the weekend and no more feeling guilty that you're not at her beck and call every minute of every day :)

wendywu
20-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I dont mind texting on a sunday or late evening. At least you dont have to get into a conversation.:rolleyes:

Mouse
20-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Stop feeling guilty!!

I went out to a school meeting the other night & missed several phone calls from one of my mums. In the end she'd texted, so at least I knew what it was about - she wanted to know if lo had pooed during the day :eek: I eventually texted back and told her that yes he had, as I'd written in his daily diary :panic:
She knew I was out that night, so why did she feel the need to keep phoning?

caz3007
20-02-2011, 05:23 PM
I dont mind texts on a weekend either. Did get one from another mum a couple of weeks ago, cos she needed an extra after school day on the monday, and she apologised for texting on a sunday.

I do realise this mum obviously needed to get things sorted, as an emergency had occured with prevented her MIL having LO tomorrow. But did feel it was a bit excessive keep on calling and texting.

Still onwards and upwards, having her LO pays for my meal out with friends next Friday and going to need it by then :laughing:

miffy
20-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Don't feel guilty - you aren't working today so why should you answer your phone!

If it's urgent she could leave a message and then you could ring back.

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
20-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Stop feeling guilty!!

I went out to a school meeting the other night & missed several phone calls from one of my mums. In the end she'd texted, so at least I knew what it was about - she wanted to know if lo had pooed during the day :eek: I eventually texted back and told her that yes he had, as I'd written in his daily diary :panic:
She knew I was out that night, so why did she feel the need to keep phoning?

Sounds like she is a control freak :mad:

onceinabluemoon
20-02-2011, 06:13 PM
I think we're programmed to feel guilty because we care.

Take a leaf out of my book: 2 mobiles, one for work and one for personal use. It solves all these problems and more. :) Having them on different networks also acts as a sort of safety net of I ever need to phone in an emergency ion case one has not got coverage.

Turn the work one off when not working ;)

Cammie Doodle
20-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I think we're programmed to feel guilty because we care.

Take a leaf out of my book: 2 mobiles, one for work and one for personal use. It solves all these problems and more. :) Having them on different networks also acts as a sort of safety net of I ever need to phone in an emergency ion case one has not got coverage.

Turn the work one off when not working ;)

Mmm good idea. I know what you mean about not replying I was in the Dominican Republic in Sept for our Son's wedding and one of my Parents texted me asking to change her lo's days :eek: Hubby said ignore it, but I could'nt :blush:

FussyElmo
20-02-2011, 06:46 PM
But isnt this what sets us apart from a nursery that we can be contacted on the weekend etc.

Yes the mum should have only rung, texted once but Im thinking ahe wanted an answer so she could make alternative arrangements.

Im would have answered the phone :blush:

But also due to the fact I am terrible according to my dh at answering my mobile I wouldnt feel guilty neither :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
20-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Mmm good idea. I know what you mean about not replying I was in the Dominican Republic in Sept for our Son's wedding and one of my Parents texted me asking to change her lo's days :eek: Hubby said ignore it, but I could'nt :blush:

:eek: Mine would have been turned off for the duration for a celebration like this and only checked one a day for emergencies. I definately wouldn't have replied to a querry of this nature you definately went above the call of duty.

kel1983
20-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I have just had a very random phone call from my mindees mum. She asked me if the LO had eaten a meal she had prepared for her last week. She didnt want to make it again if she wasnt gonna eat it.

I would only answer my phone if it was a suitable time and place. If I felt I couldnt be interupted I would usually ignore it and perhaps text to say ring me again later.

flowerpots
20-02-2011, 07:23 PM
i dont mind being contacted on a weekend, i have shift workers who usually call or text their hours for the week, if i was at a family function or something important i would just have my phone on silent and wouldnt have got back to them until i got home.

Dont feel guilty, i think she should have rung once and then left a message. :)

The Juggler
20-02-2011, 09:54 PM
i don't mind a text at the weekend would rather know if they need something/ don't need me early rather than on the day it's supposed to happen. However, they can give you the info and there is NO rush for you to get back to them. One call and ansaphone message OR a text is enough. Then they can wait for a reply:D

SYLVIA
21-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't mind a text during evenings or weekends. I'd rather be given plenty of time to adjust hours if need be instead of a phone call on monday morning!

caz3007
22-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Anyway she came, I had child and pinned her down to whats happening next Monday.

I dont mind at all texts at the weekend, after all things need to be sorted. It was the keeping on phoning and texting and on a Sunday, it was only over a timescale of 2 hours, so it wasnt as though it took me all day to reply. As though I should be available at all times. I was obviously intending on getting back to her, but its rude when you are out with a load of people to sit there texting or calling.

maryp0ppins
22-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I don't mind getting text messages or phone calls over the weekend as I'd rather get work sorted than to be asked Monday morning and be put on the spot.

I do however get annoyed when they ring or text me after 9pm...... I do think this is rude as they all know the long hours I work and that I have my own family time!!