PDA

View Full Version : Termination

mummyofone
20-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

I am changing my hours as of September, i have already spoken to the parents about this and they have asked if they can stay until September. This is fine but i know that there has been another childminder they might be going to but from end of June. (This childminder has spoke to me about them) The parents haven't said anything to me yet. I was thinking about writing my termination letter but stating in it that the last date will be 31st August. Can you do this? Thanks

x

BlondeMoment
20-02-2011, 03:19 PM
If you've said the hours will change as of September I would assume your last day to be 31st August anyway x

FussyElmo
20-02-2011, 03:19 PM
What notice is in your contract? You can tell all parents that you will be finishing on a certain date but if the parent finds someone else they will only be required to give you the notice in your contract.

mummyofone
20-02-2011, 03:26 PM
The notice period is 4 weeks. I was going to write a letter stating my last working day 31st august and ask them if they could please write an acknowledgment to the dates i've written. I've not terminated this far in advance before so i don't really know. Sorry.

x

mama2three
20-02-2011, 03:27 PM
You could do that , but if the notice period on the contracts is 4 weeks they can still give you notice of an earlier finish. hope that makes sense.

mummyofone
20-02-2011, 03:29 PM
ok, thank you i think that makes sense. basically they can agree to the date of 31st August but in May they could hand me 4 weeks notice? x

jumpinjen
20-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes they could!
jen x

miffy
20-02-2011, 06:22 PM
ok, thank you i think that makes sense. basically they can agree to the date of 31st August but in May they could hand me 4 weeks notice? x

Yes they can and as you're changing your hours from September I would expect that some of them may decide to leave before then as they couldn't expect another childminder to hold a space for them until you finish.

Miffy xx