PDA

View Full Version : questions for my pre-reg visit

newbie1512
20-02-2011, 01:39 PM
hi

Just wondered if somebody could help with these questions please?:

Will mrs o look in kitchen cupborads ect? wondering if I have to clear them,they are ok anyway just my medicines are in one but not yet got the safety lock on

The garden is a bit of a mess, and with our typical engilsh weather not had much chance to sort it out, cut grass ect, will this be a problem?

I have a few vases ect around the house, shall I move them?

Think thats it (for now at least)

Any help is appreciated

Mrs.L.C
20-02-2011, 01:54 PM
hi

Just wondered if somebody could help with these questions please?:

Will mrs o look in kitchen cupborads ect? wondering if I have to clear them,they are ok anyway just my medicines are in one but not yet got the safety lock on
Yes she may do and may have an issue if the medicines are at childs reach. Might be worth moving them higher up if they are low or at least explain your plans if she does bring it up. Sometimes though they wont look in your cupboards, depends who you get

The garden is a bit of a mess, and with our typical engilsh weather not had much chance to sort it out, cut grass ect, will this be a problem?
As long as the garden is safe, then it wont be an issue. You can explain your plans for when it is dryer.

I have a few vases ect around the house, shall I move them?
Again depends who you get but my theory is, children need to learn what they can and can not touch and if it does become an issue then move them then. We are childmninders and not a nursery

Think thats it (for now at least)

Any help is appreciated

Hope that helps a little. Dont be worried thought. The idea of the first visit (obv aswell as to make sure it is safe) is so they can help you be ready for that first mindee

Minstrel
20-02-2011, 05:12 PM
My inspector didn't go nosing around but she did ask me where i kept medicines/cleaning products and/or had i thought about how to keep them out of children's reach and sight. i had because i already had small children but they like you to have thought about it.

FizzWizz
20-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I was so nervous about my inspection and tidied everything to perfection but the inspector did not look at that much at all!!

I also have 2 children so fairly safe already but the main things she asked in the kitchen were where the cleaning products were and where we kept the knives (she was happy that they were in a knife block on top of the worktop rather than in an accessible drawer). Other than that she just did a general walk around and just chatted about various pictures I had on the wall!

I have loads of picture frames / vases etc around - she did not comment on them and the kids never take any notice of them anyway!

Good luck with your inspection!