PDA

View Full Version : Can I put these down as an expense?

littletreasures
19-02-2011, 09:41 PM
We have bought a secondhand Volvo XC90.

The 3-7 year olds find it difficult to climb into the car, so was thinking about purchasing the running boards which are about £500. This is a step which should make it easier and safer for them to get in and out of the car.

Do you think I can put it down as an expense, because I would not bother if I wasn't minding as my youngest is 17 so no problem.

The Juggler
19-02-2011, 10:40 PM
i would think so, it's the same as buying step up for the bathroom so they can reach the loo/sink - especially if you don't have littlies yourself and it's only for minding.:)

Penny1959
20-02-2011, 05:48 AM
i would think so, it's the same as buying step up for the bathroom so they can reach the loo/sink - especially if you don't have littlies yourself and it's only for minding.:)

Agree - you would not be buying if not minding.

Are they removable? If not you might have to check about any possible impact if sell the car in near future (as possible may increase value of car) - but personally I would not worry about it as don't thnk would make much, if any difference to re sale value - I would just make sure that I had noted somewhere (maybe in diary or in note attached to accounts) as to why brought.

Penny :)