PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of a variation for ad-hoc care?

Minstrel
19-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I have two families who I had before my maternity leave who would like to come back on my return.

They are both expecting a new baby due about two weeks apart and would like me to take the older children back and then have the babies when the time comes. Babies will both be under 12 months.

One baby would be full time and the other is ad-hoc.

Do you think...

a) I would get a variation for 2 under 1 AND 4 under 5
b) the variation could be ad-hoc (its different hours and days each week)

Or do you think I'm asking too much.

sarah707
20-02-2011, 09:23 AM
You can only ask... :D

TammyN
20-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I had an Ad Hoc variation applied for 4 under 5 as my parents often asked for extra days for meetings/training etc. it stipuated 25 days per year for named children on request! this mioght happen to you if you are clear on what you want and why. they don't seem to be offering a full open 4 under 5 tho, ive now got one for 3 days, i have had 2 under 1 left on my cert since my first request when i started :thumbsup:
No harm in asking, good luck
Tammy

Minstrel
20-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks I'll give them a call.

They are both still in early stages so still have around a year to go. I just wanted to give them a heads up if i couldn't as they might not want the older ones to come back to me if i can't accomodate the babies.

I've had a flood of enquiries in the past week, no-one signed yet but fingers crossed, they all seem keen, we just need to iron out details as none of them seem to know exactly what days/hours they need.