PDA

View Full Version : Half term fun ideas please

Helen Dempster
19-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Hiya ladies and gents - hope you're having good weekends, despite the wet day.

I was just wondering if you could give me any suggestions/ideas as to what I can do for half term - I want to make it as much fun as possible (for myself as well as mindees).

I will have a 12yo, 9yo, 5yo, two 4yo's and a 18m old. All boys :eeeek: and all quite boistourous. I want to try and get out and about as much as possible, as I will have them all from 8am-6pm Mon-Fri.

Any tips/advice etc would be GREATLY received and may save my sanity lol.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

mushpea
19-02-2011, 02:46 PM
wow thats busy,, i am quite lucky in that four of mine are term time only so i am quiter in the hols,, having said that i can still have up to 5 mindes plus my own 2.
anyway I have been on the www.vistwoods.org.uk website and found some different places to walk with the children, they love going to the woods, den building, climbing trees , collecting sticks etc,
we will also visit parks if its nice and we also walk to our local woods,parks etc to somtimes as this passes more time and wears them out,, friday we will probably walk to the libary and pick some dvds, by the time we get back it will be lunch time then they can set up a cinema after lunch and make some simple snacks like popcorn, crispie cakes, and the we will eat and watch rubbish till hometime:D
if its wet we will probably still go out for a short walk somwhere then do stuff like cooking, arts and crafts etc.

caz3007
19-02-2011, 02:50 PM
One thing we often do in the hols. Dont have time after school as lots of coming and going. And thats make their own pizza, we either use plain pizza bases or that part baked pizza. I am actually doing mothers day bits with my older ones this week as again we dont have time after school as they all go between 4.30 and 5 and we get home at 3.30 and fit tea in during that time.

We also will go on the bus to a lovely local park if the weather is good