PDA

View Full Version : Own Children & numbers question!

muffins
19-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I've got 2 young children of my own & they are taken out of the numbers on my registration, so that leaves me with 1 under 5's on my certificate.

I already have that 1 space full all week but a friend of mine has asked me to have her LO for 1 morning a week. I know Ofsted wouldn't grant a variation for this as she would be a new child coming into the the setting & not for continuity of care etc.

However would they allow it if 1 of my children wasn't in my care?
My DH works shifts so its possible he would be here or they could go to Grandmas (always availble), as both my LO's go there for a morning or afternoon a week anyway. Granny is also down the rd if needed!

Anyone done this before?

:D

Hebs
19-02-2011, 09:44 AM
no you cant as your own children as always taken into account

sorry

singlewiththree
19-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Hebs is right as in an emergency situation you would want to be there for your child therefore no matter where they are, with daddy, nursery they are always included in your numbers.

flowerpots
19-02-2011, 11:30 AM
could granny reg as your assisstant and come to yours to play for the morning a week insted? :)

Deb
19-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Now i do know of one minder locally that has fought this. She has 1 young child and her partner was out of work. She fought it on the grounds of sexual discrimination and that ofsted were assuming that because she was female that she was the prime carer. She was granted full quota of 3 under 5.

BUT that is a rare case I believe. Granny registering as your assistant for one morning a week is better. It's not worth the hassle for what 15.00 a week?