PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Ford Galaxy?

Cazz
19-02-2011, 12:45 AM
If so, which car seats do you use?

I've got a Britax King Plus on a side seat of the middle row and a Cosatto booster style seat but with a harness on a back seat. I need to get another car seat this week for the centre seat on the middle row and was thinking of getting another King Plus - unless someone can recommend a cheaper one that fits really well.

Also, I've hopefully got a 7 month old baby starting for six months - I have a Mamas and Papa's Prima Viaggro first stage car seat but when I tried it I struggled to get the belt round the seat as it didn't seem long enough? Does anyone use a rear facing car seat in a Galaxy?

As far as I'm aware a 7 month old has to still be rear facing (even though mum has her in a front facing seat) so I really need to be able to use this seat!

Any help or advice appreciated!

tulip0803
19-02-2011, 01:43 AM
I have a britax Prince in the middle seat of my Galaxy. It is quite narrow & light:) .I can easily get my hand between the seats to fit or remove. Main reason I got it is my Galaxy only has a middle lap belt and this can be used with a lap or 3 point belt. £89.89 from Tesco, £74.99 in Mothercare.

It is safer to keep babies facing backwards as long as possible. I have a britax 00 stage (carrier type) which fitted back or front in mine (no air-bag). Go to Mothercare or Halfords and they will help you to try so you get the right fit.

Penny1959
19-02-2011, 04:22 AM
I have a britax Prince in the middle seat of my Galaxy. It is quite narrow & light:) .I can easily get my hand between the seats to fit or remove. Main reason I got it is my Galaxy only has a middle lap belt and this can be used with a lap or 3 point belt. £89.89 from Tesco, £74.99 in Mothercare.

It is safer to keep babies facing backwards as long as possible. I have a britax 00 stage (carrier type) which fitted back or front in mine (no air-bag). Go to Mothercare or Halfords and they will help you to try so you get the right fit.

I have 3 of the Britax Prince Alex seats - for the reasons above. All 3 fit in middle row of my galaxy. Also fit in rear seats.

Mine were £59.99 from Amazon but they are £74.99 today.

Penny :)

Cazz
19-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Well they're both interesting replies because I have a Britax Prince in the middle seat at the moment but I was going to stop using it and replace it because I'm finding that when I loosen the harness to get the child out of the seat it goes slack at the back and gets caught around the diagonal part of the seat belt. This then means that I can't tighten it again probably and the the seat belt has to be taken out and re-fitted which is not ideal when you are out somewhere with 4 kids!

Is it just me or do you have the same problem with the Britax Prince?

manjay
19-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I use allsorts in all 5 of the back seats. Is the middle one a full seat? Does it have the seat belt coming from the roof? Is that the problem?

Penny1959
19-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Well they're both interesting replies because I have a Britax Prince in the middle seat at the moment but I was going to stop using it and replace it because I'm finding that when I loosen the harness to get the child out of the seat it goes slack at the back and gets caught around the diagonal part of the seat belt. This then means that I can't tighten it again probably and the the seat belt has to be taken out and re-fitted which is not ideal when you are out somewhere with 4 kids!

Is it just me or do you have the same problem with the Britax Prince?

Mine only has a lap belt in middle seat so not a problem for me. Not had the problem with the other two seats.

Penny :)

mum2two
19-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I brought a fisher price one from Argos a few years back, when I had a car with only a lap belt in the middle. It goes it really tight. Think it was about £70.

HTH xx

berkschick
19-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Try the rear facing seat with the other belts in your car. My mamas and papas rear facing seat only fitted in one seat of my voyager, the belts seemed to be diff lengths!

Cazz
19-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes it has got a proper seatbelt coming from the roof in the back.

That shouldn't be the problem though because it has a double clip to make a lap belt part so it's exactly the same as a seat belt anywhere else.

The problem is I need a seat on that middle seat because I need to be able to slide the other seat forward to be able to get children into the back when needed.

The Prince does fit tightly there but the problem is that harness going slack and the metal bits getting caught on the seat belt.

tulip0803
19-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I mainly use it on the lap belt - but on the occasions that I put it on the other seats I haven't had a problem with the belt getting caught.

Cazz
19-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I mainly use it on the lap belt - but on the occasions that I put it on the other seats I haven't had a problem with the belt getting caught.

Must be me then :laughing:

I'll take the seat out tomorrow and check the harness is correct at the back.

Minstrel
20-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Must be me then :laughing:

I'll take the seat out tomorrow and check the harness is correct at the back.

My seat has a black 'cover' which means the harness can't be got at very easily and the seatbelt goes across the outside of this 'cover'.

Cazz
20-02-2011, 09:07 AM
My seat has a black 'cover' which means the harness can't be got at very easily and the seatbelt goes across the outside of this 'cover'.

:eek: Mine hasn't got a black cover! I bet that's the problem then!!

Until recently I used it occasionally so it was taken in and out of the garage - the cover probably fell off and dh has undoubtedly binned it when he cleared the garage out a few weeks back :angry:

I wonder if it's possible to get another cover - be cheaper than another car seat!

Thanks Minstrel - I think you've solved my mystery!!

Minstrel
20-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Ah no problem! :thumbsup: