PDA

View Full Version : Numbers in holidays

Rmead
18-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Quick question. I'm going to be minding a 3 yr old half days who is at nursery at the moment so she counts in my early years numbers. In September she will be 4 and goes to school so I will be having her after school but in the holiday I will have her full time. Will she then fall back into my early years numbers while in school holidays? Just looking at a potential parent/child who want care for September and thought it would be a good replacement for her space but not if she will take back the space in holidays.

Twinkles
18-02-2011, 10:51 PM
No , if she attends 10 sessions of school per week ( ie; every morning and every afternoon ) she is counted as a 5 yr old for your numbers.

Penny1959
19-02-2011, 05:00 AM
No , if she attends 10 sessions of school per week ( ie; every morning and every afternoon ) she is counted as a 5 yr old for your numbers.

Agree with Twinkles - once doing full time at school (10 sessions) will be classed as over 5 both in term time and school holidays.

Just check with the school / parent the school settling in process as some schools have a staggered start - especially for the younger 4 year olds and it is possible that mindee will not be doing the required 10 sessions by the Oct half term - and if not will be still counted as a under 5.

Penny :)

Rmead
19-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Great thanks so much :)