PDA

View Full Version : Bargain hats - dressing up?

Mouse
18-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I've been to town this evening & got dragged into Claire's (one of DD's favourite shops :rolleyes: )

They had lots of hats reduced. They'd been between £10 - £14 and were down to £2 each. I got a beret, a snake print fedora (perfect for Indiana Jones type dressing up), a military style one and quite a few others. I like the idea of 'real' clothes for dressing up, rather than specific dressing up clothes & I think the mindees will love them :thumbsup:

Might be worth a look if you're passing by Claire's anytime.

Deb
18-02-2011, 08:59 PM
I got rid of all my gender specific/disney style dressing up stuff ages ago. Mr Ofsted really like my dressing up/role play provision - of which I have loads! hats, gloves,c apes, beads. I'll be having a look in claire's tomorrow. thanks

Mouse
18-02-2011, 09:14 PM
I've done the same with my dressing up clothes. They also had scarves, bags etc for £2, so I might go back and get some more bits.

miffy
18-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Thank you, will have a look when I'm in town tomorrow!

Miffy xx

gegele
18-02-2011, 09:34 PM
thank you i've been looking for ages for hats but it always seems pricy. cheers

Polly2
18-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Thats great :thumbsup: thanks for sharing x

christine e
19-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Thank you, will have a look when I'm in town tomorrow!

Miffy xx

Guess where I will be heading to too! Might just see you in there

Cx

PS Thanks for the tip off Mouse

Penny1959
19-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Thanks for information - will be going to town later so will pop in - and as almost next door to ELC will pop in there too as have some half price things - rather fancy the Happyland windmill.

Penny :)

maisiemog
19-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Ooo thanks. Will have a nosy! I lve a bargain and our dressing up box needs accessories!

We also have mostly got 'real' clothes for dressing up. I've just brought a load of fabrics dirt cheap as well and my lovely nan is going to make them into costumes for me for the multicultural aspect!

caz3007
19-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Am popping into town later, so will have a look.

jane5
19-02-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm new to all this and I have just bought police man and woman, thomas the tank engine, fire man and already had fairy costumes ect...

Didn't even think about "real clothes" :doh: I will be popping in to Claire's later today for a nosey :thumbsup:

caz3007
19-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm new to all this and I have just bought police man and woman, thomas the tank engine, fire man and already had fairy costumes ect...

Didn't even think about "real clothes" :doh: I will be popping in to Claire's later today for a nosey :thumbsup:

I went into my local 99p shop the other day and picked up some wide bangles and a small handbag, so was pleased with those and they went straight in my box

pinkbutterfly
19-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Any luck with Claire's today? Anybody? My nearest Claire's is a 30 minute drive away ... I was hoping to get there today but won't make it. Just wanted to check the sale is not in one shop only .... to avoid disappointment tomorrow ....

Penny1959
19-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Any luck with Claire's today? Anybody? My nearest Claire's is a 30 minute drive away ... I was hoping to get there today but won't make it. Just wanted to check the sale is not in one shop only .... to avoid disappointment tomorrow ....

Nothing in mine :( very disappointed - either didn't have same sale things or someone got there first!

Penny :)

sarah707
19-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Be careful with material hats if you have a FCCERS assessment they don't like material...

FCCERS says provide plastic and clean them daily because of the risk of spreading head lice! :eek:

Hth :D

Mouse
19-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Be careful with material hats if you have a FCCERS assessment they don't like material...

FCCERS says provide plastic and clean them daily because of the risk of spreading head lice! :eek:

Hth :D

I'll get individual shower caps to put on them first :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I'll get individual shower caps to put on them first :thumbsup:

Excellent idea! :clapping:

christine e
19-02-2011, 05:25 PM

Went into my local one today and thought I was out of luck but then spotted them down at the end of the store - bought 5 for £10!

thanks Mouse

Cx

catlyn
19-02-2011, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;875059]Be careful with material hats if you have a FCCERS assessment they don't like material...

Hth :D[/Q

I was surprised to read this...I was always told head lice CANNOT be passed on via hats or other clothing...they can only be transferred via head to head contact...this is the official health education advice on the subject and its the advice given out to schools and educational premises

kel1983
19-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I sent my mum into Claires for mer as I couldnt make it into town today.

She came bck with 3 hats :clapping:

They are brilliant just £2 each

miffy
19-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Guess where I will be heading to too! Might just see you in there

Cx

PS Thanks for the tip off Mouse

Well, I must have missed you!

Thanks Mouse, excellent tip-off - came out with hats, bags and shoes all for £2 each!

Miffy xx

manjay
19-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I got some too:thumbsup: and I haven't noticed anything about head lice in my FCCERS guidelines:rolleyes:

babs
19-02-2011, 11:52 PM
our 99p shop and £1 shop sell hats, scarfs, and things ive got a few from there too...

sarah707
20-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I got some too:thumbsup: and I haven't noticed anything about head lice in my FCCERS guidelines:rolleyes:

It is in the clarifying notes of item 11 Health Practices, section 3.1... no shared use of personal items such as combs, brushes.

The clarifying notes state that material hats promote the spread of lice and hats should be plastic.

I can't find the actual reference but I know I read it ... guess what I am reading at the moment? :D

pinkbutterfly
22-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I went to Claire's today and got them! I also bought two lucky bags ... one with 10 pairs of sunglasses and the other one with Halloween capes and hand warmers for £3 per bag.
Poundland had some great ladies scarves ... for £1 of course.
Oh and ELC still has 20% off craft. And happylad was 50% or 20% off so I bought happyland post office for mindees birthday £8 instead of £16.

manjay
22-02-2011, 01:46 PM
It is in the clarifying notes of item 11 Health Practices, section 3.1... no shared use of personal items such as combs, brushes.

The clarifying notes state that material hats promote the spread of lice and hats should be plastic.

I can't find the actual reference but I know I read it ... guess what I am reading at the moment? :D

No still can't see it! Unless you have a different version to me. There isn't any clarifying notes to go with 3.1 in mine:rolleyes: