PDA

View Full Version : checking ofsted reports

sweets
18-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I wanted to look at a couple of peoples ofsted reports, ive been on the website and put in the cm's name and postcode but it says no matches found.
Do you have to know their URN number to see them?

Bananabrain
18-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I've read most of my local childminder's reports.
By putting in my area and post code and trawling thru' It is a bit time consuming but if you know the other childminders and how many children they have, when abouts they registered etc, you can usually put two and two together.
Gosh, I've just realised how sad that makes me sound!

breezy
18-02-2011, 06:56 PM
it is easier if you have their number though!!!!!!

Deb
18-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I do the same as Louise - I used to like to check the inspector who was coming out to me and seeing what their particular foibles were - you cant do that at the mo with it being outsourced.

You can easily work out who is who tho.

Mouse
18-02-2011, 09:38 PM
There's no point putting their name in because childminders' names aren't given.

Go to the lower part of the search page and put in the postcode. It then brings up all the URNs and you have to read them to try & identify each minder.

miffy
18-02-2011, 09:42 PM
If you know their postcode you should be able to find them easily - if I put my postcode in then my report comes up first on the list. Unless there is more than one cm on the street then yours should do the same.

Miffy xx