PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be in place?

levason
18-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I only just registered in Jan but am trying to get organised for Ofsted, I have my policies & procedures and a risk assessment for the house and garden but that's it!! (I have my very first child starting next week)

what will Ofsted want to see?xx

sarah707
19-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Ofsted will want to see everything!

For a new child they will want to see an 'all about me' document showing that you work with parents to find out about the child.

They will then expect to see some initial observations and notes about the child's starting points which will lead to next steps ideas.

And of course permissions, emergency information etc.

Hth :D

happyfeet
20-02-2011, 12:07 PM
:) My inspector was quite big on risk assessments. I had to have a risk assessment for every place I planned on taking them, including one for 'on the way to school'.
Another childminder round here got pulled for not having a risk assessment for 'putting children into the car!' She has all the correct car seats for the ages but she didn't have a document in place that showed she'd assessed the risks.
My inspector came out after i'd been registered and working for 3 month and suggested I had a summative assessment in place.