PDA

View Full Version : Got given my first notice today

rachelle
18-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I sort of guessed it was coming. Mum wanted to swap a day and I couldn't do it due to numbers. I share the care with nursery and so she has gone to them to ask and they have agreed I think. Soooo bye bye cutie!

All good natured etc but still gutting - especially as let me know by note in daily diary and didn 't say anything at drop off face to face. Hey ho!

On the up side she remembered money today :laughing:

sarah707
18-02-2011, 04:45 PM
It's always hard when you lose little ones who are lovely.

Hugs x

mufftie
18-02-2011, 04:51 PM
yeah its hard no matter how friendly it is , but one door shuts and hopefully another shall open

Mouse
18-02-2011, 05:16 PM
That's a shame, but at least it's a friendly leaving.

Sometime parents do sneak notes into books or bags as they can't face telling you face to face. You'll probably find she feels as bad as you do.

Cazz
18-02-2011, 09:44 PM
It's horrible when you are given notice for the first time.

I've only been given notice the once but I was really upset - they were my first mindees and I knew that I'd really miss them.

The parent came to collect as usual and as they had been with me for 6 months I mentioned that we should do a contract review sometime soon and she said "Oh it was my last day at work today so I won't need a childminder any more because I'm not going to be working". I didn't see that coming at all and quickly reminded her that it is 4 weeks notice so would she still like them to come for the next 4 weeks as she will be paying me? Funnily enough she said yes :D

My dd was really fond of the oldest little girl and nearly a year later still talks about her every day - her latest thing is asking when she gets to bed if F can come for a sleepover!

The thing that did upset me was that on the last day the dad collected the children (mum didn't even come despite not working :rolleyes: ) and they walked out as if it was a normal day - not even a thanks for everything. That really hurt me :(

You definetly don't know what's round the corner - after being quiet during school hours for the last year I'm now full for the next 6 months!

miffy
18-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Sad for you but at least it's not an unpleasant parting.

Hope something else comes up soon

Miffy xx

Deb
18-02-2011, 09:56 PM
ah it is sad :( At least it wasnt in bad circumstances X