PDA

View Full Version : Can I become a childminder and homeschool?

Ummhamza
18-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey,

I'm a newbie here and not too great with technology these days! I just wanted to know if I could become a childminder whilst homeschooling my 6 year old?

I called ofsted and asked and I have to be honest, the guy wasn't very helpful and said he thinks I might be able to as long as I don't conflict my sons time with the childrens time.

If I minded children that went to nursery couldn't I just simply teach my son at the time they're at nursery?

Obviously I understand that it wont be easy to mind younger babies as they are more or less full-time but I could homeschool my son in the evenings?

Thankyou!

:)

Goatgirl
18-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi :),
Yes of course you can: its irrelevant where your child is during the day: at school or at home. Nothing at all to do with Ofsted :).
Obviously you would need to try to childmind at times convenient to you but that is down to your own organisation and how lucky you are with suitable enquiries.
There is no set timetable or curriculum for home educating your own child, so you can do whatever suits your family.
there are some really good web sites and forums out there for more home ed info and advice on the legal side of things. Just google Home education UK.

I home edded my 2 children and this would have been the perfect job to fit round them: wish I'd realised that sooner instead of struggling on benefits for such a long time :rolleyes:

hope it goes well for you :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

Pipsqueak
18-02-2011, 08:02 PM
lots of home ed's on here

bumping