PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if they will turn up?

snufflepuff
18-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm sat waiting for a lady to come and visit with her 2 year old son. It was arranged for 2pm. All week something has been telling me that she isn't going to come. I have been trying to call her for the last few days to tell her my avaliability has changed (I told her when she first called that this may be the case and that i'd let her know) but she hasn't answered or replied to the message I left.

pinkbutterfly
18-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I hate when they do this. The decent thing to do is to call and cancel so that you don't sit there waiting. Hope she's just running late. x

snufflepuff
18-02-2011, 02:38 PM
:angry: Well, 40 minutes late now! She's not coming! :angry:
What a waste of my time.

miffy
18-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh that's a shame and very annoying!

Just look at it that you've had a lucky escape.

Miffy xx

DAWN44
18-02-2011, 05:00 PM
:( It is so annoying isn't it. Why dont people just let you know.

I had a lady that cancelled at last minute on one day.
She arranged to come the next day , which I agreed to. She didnt turn up again, then sent me a text 7 hours after arranged time.
She said she fell asleep , yeah right for 7 hours with a very young child, i think not.

She text to ask could she come next day.

My reply, sorry I had another family round , my vacancy is filled. x

mufftie
18-02-2011, 05:00 PM
how rude , ive had a lot of this in the past

not quite the same but i had a lady visit several weeks ago for holiday care , she said she definately wanted me as i was perfect , the kids seemed happy etc , we even agreed a fee , as tax credits would be paying most of it , i text and rang her arranging to sign contracts but no reply , it s so rude isnt it , well if she calls me the weekend saying they are coming next week for half time she will get a big fat no ! unless she is going to pay me in full upfront
tbh im thinking she just took my ey number and ran to claim the tax :angry:

maisiemog
18-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I've only ever had one parent not turn up but it annoyed me most because they had arranged to come on a bank holiday monday and I'd rearranged plans to meet them. I waited in for 2 hours before heading to the bbq i was meant to be at. I really hope they knocked on my door after I'd gone out! Would have served them right!!!

snufflepuff
18-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't want to be doing business with someone that rude anyway. Her loss! :)

Mouse
18-02-2011, 05:35 PM
I always give them the benefit of the doubt first time and give them the opportunity to contact me with reason. If it seems good enough I'll arrange to see them again, if they don't have a good reason I don't give them a second chance.