PDA

View Full Version : OH NO...Buggy wont fit in car boot!

lady boss
20-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi,

I cant believe i have been such an idiot and havent thought of this problem.:panic:
I am newly registered and have 1 full timer at the moment, i need to get a double buggy, and i tried my friends out for size in the boot of my car and to my frustration it is too big!!!

I have potential mindees lined up and i'm going to lose them if i dont do something fast. I must have one to do the school run, but at the same time i'm not in the financial position to be buying a new car at the moment. I have a honda civic. The buggy i tried was a side by side buggy, i'm thinking a tandem buggy will probably not fit either.:panic: .Everything's going wrong already!!
Sorry for long post, i am so stressed i cant think of any solution, has anyone else had this problem? Grateful of any advice.

Thanks x

Lou
20-04-2008, 08:41 PM
A cheap umbrella foldin style should fit.....

will have a look for you x

Noodles
20-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Have yo looked at the mamas and papas aria you can get them on ebay for quite a good price i also have the double pushchair out of argos which is quite small when folded( well it was one i found that fitted in a zafira boot when i had one so has to be quite small) The aria also fitted in the zafira easily

lady boss
20-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi

Thank you sooo much guys I am pulling my hair out here!! x

p.s What is the make of the buggy thats small from argos?

Thank you

Rubybubbles
20-04-2008, 09:04 PM
ohh dear, hope you find something to fit, I have a phil & teds but know your on a buget so won't say how it fitted into my rover 25 when I had that really nicely:o

sarah707
20-04-2008, 09:13 PM
This is the double from Argos... not sure how big it is though

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3761494/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500012028.Baby%2Band%2Bnursery%3EC%24ci p%3D1500012038.Pushchairs.htm

Hope it helps! :D

Alibali
21-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I have the Zafira and the argos one didn't fit. I went to my local pram centre and tried them all in my boot before I bought. I ended up with the mothercare side by side which is an umbrella fold and small, it is £100.00 and comes with raincover too.

Ali xx

deeb66
21-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Hope you manage to find one that fits!

lady boss
21-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you everyone,

I will pop somewhere and try some in my car and hope and pray that one of them fits. The Phil & Teds would be perfect but may be best in my case to just save for another car!!AHHHHHHH!!!:( x

John
21-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry if this sounds silly coming from a none driver, but can you not get a bracket that goes on the back of your car like the push bike brackets you can buy? With a good lock and cover.

John.

lady boss
21-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks John, no not silly at all. I was actually thinking does anyone make some kind of device to fit on back of car like they do buggies. Maybe i could get a roof rack!

John
21-04-2008, 08:52 PM
You might find something at your local bike shop just explain to them whats it for.

John.

Jinx
21-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry if this sounds silly coming from a none driver, but can you not get a bracket that goes on the back of your car like the push bike brackets you can buy? With a good lock and cover.

John.

That sounds like a great idea. How come no one else has thought of it? I think you should design one, you'd make a fortune!!!!!:laughing: :thumbsup:
Jinx x

John
21-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I do a lot of cycling and when I’m at the lakes a see cars with the brackets on, they most fit a buggy too as some of the cars have two bikes on the back of the car.

I might make one and get myself on that programe dragons den lol

John.

hello kitty
22-04-2008, 06:52 AM
What a fab idea - I'd buy one!

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I bought mine from Mothercare. It was their own brand and fits in the boot of my Ford Fiesta no problem along with my single buggy so you should have no problem getting it in your car.

lady boss
22-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Is that a tandem buggy Marie? Is it mothercare own brand? If so i shall be off to purchase one quick!!! Thank you x

lady boss
22-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry about last message, doh!! Just read it again and you already told me!!!
Going mad:)

Kelly
22-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I recently got a new car, only to find my double didn't fit either!! after lots of investigating the smallest folding double I could find is like others said the Mothercare Twin Polka, it is only 98CM in height when folded so goes even in the slimmest of boots. Mothercare do not have any in stock online at the moment, but if you go on their website and view the online catalouge at least you will be able to see what it looks like, then you'll know what you're looking for second hand. I managed to get one on Ebay.

Good luck with the search

Kelly

sarahcoutts21
23-04-2008, 02:20 PM
i have just bought tandem buggy and fits in my old astra and i just bought a zafira and fits in there too! hope you get something soon!