PDA

View Full Version : fruit and vegetables

devoncm
20-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Im doing a theme on healthy eating starting with fruit and veg but im stuck on how to involve my 1 yr old apart from having him taste different kinds im not really sure what else i can do to involve him, any ides as always appreciated

crazybones
20-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I did it with two 2 year olds. They tasted different fruits, coloured pics of fruit, made tissue paper fruit (I put glue on a printed pic and let them stick the tissue paper in appropriate colour). I showed them fruit and veg from the playfruit from the toy kitchen. I also have a jigsaw from The Equal opp shop with fruit and veg on. Minds gone blank now what else we did.

Oh and I have a 5 a day glove.
http://www.theequaloppshop.co.uk/healthy-eating-resource-bag---standard-size-or-large-size-58-p.asp

miffy
20-04-2008, 08:43 PM
What about painting/printing with different fruit and veg, reading books like Oliver's vegetables, giving baby different fruit and veg to play with then you can talk about colours explore textures etc

Bit tired tonight will have another think tomorrow

miffy xx

Polly2
21-04-2008, 07:55 AM
We made some potato heads last week!

Scrub a potato and cut a bit off the bottom so it stands up. Then use felt, tissue paper, felt tip pens etc to make a face on it.

Even the little ones loved doing this! I would post a pic but I don't know how, you get the idea though!

Also last year I got some seed catalogues and the children cut out (or I cut out for the little ones) their favourite fruit and veg and then they stuck them on a paper plate to make a display. This worked well with the younger ones too.

:thumbsup:

devoncm
21-04-2008, 08:06 AM
thanks for the ideas,

thats a great idea polly to cut out and stick pictures on a plate

thanks

Alibali
21-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Take them shopping and let them see all the different types of fruit available, and let them 'choose' their own fruit, little ones can help cut bananas with plastic knives and point to which fruit they would like to try.

Ali x