PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you provide the 15 hrs funded space?

Helcatt
17-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Just wondering about pros and cons

They are now talking about allowing us to offer this in our area (didn't before) and I'm thinking about it. But can't decide if its worth the effort or not

Thoughts please?

Hx

tashaleee
17-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Depends on what fees are in your area - in our area if we offer the funded side then we get paid less than our normal rate which doesnt really make sense.... :rolleyes:

Helcatt
17-02-2011, 11:14 PM
where are you?

I'm north london and at the briefing they were saying it would be approx what I charge now but I know you can't get parents to "top up" so some of the more expensive nurseries round here are withdrawing the funded places

be interesting to see the actual figures

Hx

Happy Gardener
17-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I am in the initial process of becoming accredited. I had my FCCERS visit (4 hours) & tomorrow am having a 1 hour feedback visit.

I have been told that it will double my hourly fee, so I am all for exploring what is involved. More paperwork no doubt, but more money as well:)

maisiemog
18-02-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm becoming accredited as soon as my NVQ is finished. It pays the same as my fees are at the moment and I can claim it for my own dd who becomes eligible next January so I would actually be better off financially doing it!

mushpea
18-02-2011, 07:05 AM
I have been reciving the funding for about a year now and its £1 above my hourly fee and its also encouraged at least 2 parents too keep their children with me instead of sending them to a nursery/preschool.
Apart from doing one big observation a week on the child then the paper work is no different to that of the EYFS although in our area the county council are now taking over the payment instead of the ncma paying us and they said the money might change so i might have to review it in april.

Helcatt
18-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm becoming accredited as soon as my NVQ is finished. It pays the same as my fees are at the moment and I can claim it for my own dd who becomes eligible next January so I would actually be better off financially doing it!

Thats interesting to know! I didn't expect to be able to claim for my own DD - though I think interacting with others the same age would also be good

A CM friend last 4 children last year due to NOT being able to get accredited. THey were refusing to think about it then - but now, suddenly they want to improve the "professional image of childminding" so will consider it - local council that is!

The parents wanted her to be able to claim as they had younger siblings that would have been coming in to the setting and only wanted to drop off in once place. So they all left at once.

Will see what happens

HX

Happy Bunny
18-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm in the process of becoming accreditted, but i will be paid less than what I charge LOL not put me off though.

Helcatt
18-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm in the process of becoming accreditted, but i will be paid less than what I charge LOL not put me off though.

See this is what I was thinking. mIght be better to keep a child and get paid slightly less for some of it than lose the conttract altogether

It might not ever be needed but if I'm set up ready, its an option.

From what I can work out, its not involving doing anything that I don't do already anyway

Hx

Happy Bunny
18-02-2011, 04:43 PM
I would rather keep the children, who are happy and settled and fit in lovely with my own and take a lesser wage than lose them.

manjay
18-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I am accredited to deliver EYE. Prices are much the same as I charge. However for me it is more about accessing training that wouldn't otherwise be available to me.

teacake2
18-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I offer the funding, but it is less than my hourly rate, but at least the children stay with me (well most of them), it is good being able to split the funding between settings, although if the children go to the school nursery here (Staffordshire), then the school gets all the funding instead. I don't know if it is the same in all areas, I would be interested to know if anyone knows about South Derbyshire as this may be happening for me in September.
Teacake2

georgie456
18-02-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm going through the accreditation process at the moment due to a request from one of my parents. I'll get slightly more than what I charge per hour..

Helcatt
20-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I am accredited to deliver EYE. Prices are much the same as I charge. However for me it is more about accessing training that wouldn't otherwise be available to me.

This is something I was also thinking. we were told that we could then be prioritised to get funding for certain courses and even though I keep telling myself I don't wantt o do any more studying until my littlist is in full time education, I am not very good at switching the study bug

the won't know much just yet and nothing will be set up til at least sept so there no rush

HX

Newbie1!
21-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Sorry to sabotage your post but just whilst on the subject I wondered what you need in place before you apply to become accredited? Ive turned away two enquiries now as they needed the free hours? xx