PDA

View Full Version : Little boy still really ill

Fraggle1
17-02-2011, 09:58 PM
:(

He's been being sick since Tues from 1830. Today I thought we were getting somewhere cause he has eaten but again he's been sick 4 times with the last one bringing everything up again! Went to the Dr's today and she said it's a virus...she gave me some of those sachets for him to sip etc... just feel so sorry for him. Have any of you had to deal with this sort of thing going into 3 days? I know it's nothing to do with childminding as such but most of you are mummy's of young ones, just after some advise, feel really upset...he's such a little trooper but you can tell it's really starting to upset him now :( It's not coming out of the other end though thank goodness. x

curlycathy
17-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Aw hun its awful when they are little and poorly isnt it? My dd is just getting over chickenpox and scarlet fever and I hated feeling so helpless. Think all you can do is try and get fluids into him as much as you can and give him lots of mummy cuddles. If he's no better in a couple of days though I'd go back to the drs and see if there's anything more they can do.

Hope he feels better soon xx

georgie456
17-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Aw poor little thing :( I think you just need to keep giving lots of cuddles, lots of fluids and if at any moment you are worried, whip him back down to the doc asap. Try not to give him any dairy - for mine, that makes any sickness go on longer - mine always have lots of dry toast!
Hope he has a settled night and feels better tomorrow.

Helcatt
17-02-2011, 10:23 PM
my little lady had similar a few weeks ago. She was knocked out for 6 days in total!first two days, she couldn't even keep water down

Is horrible to see and she lost so much weight, poor love

Also a virus, her tonsils were inflamed, just advised us to keep using those sachets and thats all the docs said

Hope it doesn't go on too much longer. She was desperate for milk - loves her milk - but as soon as it hit her tummy it came back

Hx

Blaze
17-02-2011, 10:29 PM
How old is your LO? x

Fraggle1
17-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks everyone...it's just so heartbreaking. I think I will just be patient with him tomorrow...lots of hugs, sips of those sachets. Think I may get some crackers or breadsticks in, he wasn't interested in toast this morning, maybe he may find those slightly easier to eat.
My lo will be 3 in May so just over 2 1/2. He lost his chubbiness and I need to get that back! xx

Blaze
17-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh Bless - lucozade (slighly flat) helps - the only time my LO's get anything like it - but it's medicinal - found it a god send! Hope your LO gets well soon x

Fraggle1
17-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks Blaze. Gonna go to Co-op tomorrow and get some goodies for him. Dry stuff and lucozade seems to be the way forward :) x

angeldelight
17-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Oh bless it is horrible when they are ill for longer than a day or so

Hope he gets well soon

Angel xx

angeldelight
17-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Oh bless it is horrible when they are ill for longer than a day or so

My grandson who is 2 was ill for a whole week and we were getting worried in the end - but he soon made a good recovery once he did start to feel a little better and stopped being sick

Hope he gets well soon

Angel xx

Fraggle1
17-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks Angel - he's such a bundle of joy it's awful seeing him like this. I've been lucky really cause i've got a 7 year old aswell and I've never had to deal with anything like this before. Should count my blessings really xx

angeldelight
17-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks Angel - he's such a bundle of joy it's awful seeing him like this. I've been lucky really cause i've got a 7 year old aswell and I've never had to deal with anything like this before. Should count my blessings really xx

He has a caring mom so he will soon get better

Let us know how he is

Angel xx

The Juggler
18-02-2011, 08:02 AM
poor little chap. flat lucozad def. good idea or even full sugar coke or lemonade (the only time I'd recommend for such a little one)

breezy
18-02-2011, 09:41 AM
our dr always recommends flat 7 Up!

Fraggle1
18-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Well what a difference a day makes!

Not wanting to tempt fate but it appears he is on the mend :) He's had fluids today and managed to keep them down and a couple of breadsticks and a banana. Going to do him a tiny bit of chicken soup for his tea. Awww when I hugged him before and was rubbing his back I could feel his spine :( my little man is a chubby chubster so that was sad....sure he'll get back upto his cute chubbiness soon - thanks for all your well wishes...I was feeling rather low yesterday xx

kindredspirits
18-02-2011, 04:58 PM
aww bless - my son had this about 6 months ago and didn't move off my knee for about 4 days. :( once his vommitting stopped about 4 days in he got really really bad runny nappies (hot nappies he called them) where you'd open them up and just be covered from head to toe.
its amazing how much they eat when they're feeling better though, he'll soon put the weight back.

Fraggle1
06-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Hiya!

Just thought I'd update, although my lo isn't being sick anymore he still isn't himself....not as interested in food as he was, he's had a temp. last couple of days brought down with calpol and generally he looks so tired and seems so unhappy. Can it be normal to still not be 'right' after a couple of weeks? Sometimes he seems back to normal but then goes down hill again. Think I may take him to the Dr's tomorrow :( xx

The Juggler
06-03-2011, 10:08 PM
oh hon. it can take them a while to get back to normal. just think how low their food intake is when they have a stomach bug to normal intake. they need to build their energy up again.

One thing I'd advise is stay away from ANY dairy for a while. stomach virus/bugs can can cause dairy intolerance for a while. my two weren't even that ill but had dairy intolerance for weeks afterwards.

Def. take him to GP to check over though. x

Fraggle1
06-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks hun...I will do that....to be honest he hasn't been interested in his bedtime milk and he's not been eating much of his breakfast. One thing he is asking alot for is oranges...loves them! It's the only think he seems to be enjoying at the moment - wonder if his body is telling him that is what he needs? xx

The Juggler
06-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks hun...I will do that....to be honest he hasn't been interested in his bedtime milk and he's not been eating much of his breakfast. One thing he is asking alot for is oranges...loves them! It's the only think he seems to be enjoying at the moment - wonder if his body is telling him that is what he needs? xx

I reckon so. and try to get him to eat some dryish carbs (bread, rice pasta) so he he can build his energy stores up again, even if he's just nibbling :)

Fraggle1
06-03-2011, 10:41 PM
I'll do that - thanks :) Can't wait to get my lovely bubbly little boy back :) x