PDA

View Full Version : Have you had a parent refuse to have their child photographed?

clorogue
17-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I have never been in this situation, but have you had a parent refuse to have their child photographed in your own evironment and if so how have you got around it with the EYFS - or have they got to agree as part of the EYFS? Just something I was thinking about....

mummyof3
17-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I've had a parent say she would prefer it if I didn't follow the EYFS on her child. She would rather I spent all my time playing and having fun with her child and when the clock stops spend time with my own family and not writing up observations, printing photos or planning within an inch of my life :laughing:

I take lots of pictures and she loves the learning journey - I just remove the observations before she sees the folder. She has given me permission to do obs she would just prefer it if I didn't.

kymberly
17-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I've had a parent who wrote on her child's permission slip for photographs: 'only appropriate photos' :eek: :eek: :eek:

It annoyed me, did she think I might take 'inappropriate' photos'???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

In hindsight, I should have addressed this with her.

Zoomie
17-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I read on here, a long time ago, that you can still use photo's in the child's LJ, just not those of the child, so for instance, you can take pictures of their creative pieces, pictures of slides / bikes they have mastered etc.

HTHs

Tealady
17-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I had one who said I could take photos for his learning journey but not in any other circumstance. Because of this I have no photo's of my daughters 3rd birthday :( I couldn't obviously exclude the mindee from the photos so I just tried to keep him out of shot. However he managed to get in a few so I deleted immediately and those he didn't get in were rubbish.

If I have the same again, I will close on my childen's birthday's

rickysmiths
17-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I had one who said I could take photos for his learning journey but not in any other circumstance. Because of this I have no photo's of my daughters 3rd birthday :( I couldn't obviously exclude the mindee from the photos so I just tried to keep him out of shot. However he managed to get in a few so I deleted immediately and those he didn't get in were rubbish.

If I have the same again, I will close on my childen's birthday's

Or as him to stay away that day!

Helcatt
17-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I think I got my template from the Bromley site.

I had one woman say that I could use pictures for LJs/books showing trips out but nothing to go online, nothing to be posted in to magazines etc

But she did/does have a valid reason for this which she explained

Hx

Deb
17-02-2011, 10:28 PM
yes I did - and to be honest I dont see how it would have affected me meeting the EYFS targets.

I get irked with the massive widespread use of the Bromily site :)

BlondeMoment
17-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I've got a LO that I can't be photographed. It's not a major problem most of the time. I take pictures of her art work, thethings she's been playing with lots and things she does such as setting out toys in a line or something.

It becomes a little more difficult during group activities tho and you can't help feeling a bit mean for not having photos up of her when everyone else is on my fridge :(

sarah707
18-02-2011, 07:56 AM
I helped a friend who had this happen some time ago.

We came up with lots of ways of the child showing s/he was part of the provision...

My friend took photos of the child's artwork with the child hiding behind it... or a back view.

The child took photos of her friends so she could say 'I took that picture'.

It was a bit sad when the child's photo wasn't on display with other children's pics around the house but the child didn't seem to notice.

Hth :D

mama2three
18-02-2011, 08:01 AM
One of my mindees started off with a no photo policy - but over time as parents saw how i was using the photos - and that there was no risk of the child being identified outside my home ( family reasons) they relaxed and he has photos in our photobooks , displays and LJs.

clorogue
18-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Thank you everyone - very interesting. So the EYFS can't make it compulsory to take photographs of the child? Just want to be sure in my head should I come up against the circumstances.

Lincsminder
18-02-2011, 02:03 PM

I get irked with the massive widespread use of the Bromily site :)

Sorry I dont get this am I missing something?