PDA

View Full Version : Lovely morning.. Horrible afternoon...

Splodge
17-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi everybody,
feeling the need to vent, not been on here long but know some of you will have had similar experiences.
Had a lovely morning with two little mindees, then the post came with a letter informing me that a parent who walked out owing me money (over £500.00, and she accepts she owes it) is still procrastinating about paying it. This has been going on for over 6 months, i have a folder full of paperwork (solicitors letters etc), and not a penny paid off the debt.
I am so tired of it, it's not even two steps forward and one step back, it's a none mover.
How do some people sleep at night, because it is causing me to have some sleepless nights.
This is definately a down side to childminding. :mad:

Ripeberry
17-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Has it gone to court yet? Cause I would add on interest onto it and she would have to pay court costs as well :mad: She is hoping that you will back down.
Too many people know how to play the system and have lots of tricks on how to wriggle out of paying anyone and hope that they will 'give up'.

And they do sleep at night as they have not consciense in the first place :censored:

Splodge
17-02-2011, 10:20 PM
It has not gone to court yet that is the next move and as it is being dealt with by the solicitors i cannot add any more costs on, but i am not backing down. She is on her last chance to pay. If she doesn't then it is court. x

mummyof3
17-02-2011, 10:48 PM
It always amazes me how these parents argue over payment when they sign the contracts in the first place. :angry:

I get payment in advance with majority of my parents to save any problems. Only one pays me weekly and she knows I expect payment friday upon collection. I've told her to drop it in over the weekend before now if its not with me by the following monday then I won't have her child. I've learnt the hard way and I won't back down anymore no matter how hard I sound! :blush: I always think of it as if she did a runner I'd only be out of pocket by one weeks money rather than be owed hundreds!

Hope it all gets sorted soon good luck :thumbsup:

angeldelight
17-02-2011, 10:52 PM
That is a lot of money

I have been down that road a few times with parents not paying but I would never allow them to owe me that much

How come you let it continue - you live and learn hey ?

Do you not have your payments in advance or do you now after all of this ?

I really hope you get your money

Good luck

Angel xxx

mushpea
18-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Ive been here before,, a parent stopped payiing me as they had split and they couldnt afford it,, I gave them 2 weeks to pay or i would stop child care,, they didnt pay so i rang the ncma who told me I had to work my notice period (4wks) or I would be in breech of contract and they wouldnt help me recover monies owed,, so i ended up being owed almost £1000 they paid in the end but i had to wait 3 months. my notice period is now only 2wks.

miffy
18-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Never ceases to amaze me how parents can rack up these debts without a thought for the cm on the receiving end - and mostly, the parents have had help towards the costs! :angry:

I always get paid in advance now - no money, no Miffy lookee after children :D

Miffy xx

Splodge
18-02-2011, 08:07 AM
i have changed my contracts now, and i thought i was helping her through a difficult situation, but she did a runner and the NCMA solicitors told me i wasn't entitled to my notice money, as i had to mitigate my losses, and if it went to court then the judgement wouldn't include the notice money.

It seems contracts aren't always enforceable. :angry:

Also on one occaision i was told by the NCMA advice line that as she had broken her side of the contract then i could give her 24 hours notice, then on another occaision i couldn't.

Different phone calls, different advice...