PDA

View Full Version : Help With My Newsletter

VINASOL
17-02-2011, 06:10 PM
It's half term tomorrow so I thought I'd finish my newsletter and I would hand it out tomorrow.

One of the things that really bugs me which I want to address is toys and stuff brought by kids...for example, I dont' mind bringing their own toys - as long as they share - but one mindee brought mum's bracelet (diamonte) and other mindee brought 3d glasses in a case (which he nearly lost because it flew out of his bag)...mindee also keeps bringing (and sneaking) in money which causes great problems.

So, I've started this....

"Children are welcome to bring toys and other items to the
setting but I would suggest that they do not bring anything of
particular value—either in terms of cost or attachment so that there is no upset if things are lost or forgotten at home time.

Whilst toys and books brought here will be looked
after, please do not let your child bring:
Money/Coins (of any kind);
Jewellery;
Computer Games (only with prior agreement and for children aged over 7) [this is for the older children to use after school];"

Can't think of other items which woudl be problematic - any advice?

sarah707
17-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I'd do it the other way round and instead of saying they are welcome to bring things I would say if they do bring things and I consider them to be dangerous to babies, expensive or likely to be fought over or lost I reserve the right to remove them from the play area and ask that they are not brought again.

Hth :D

angeldelight
17-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I dont let children bring toys or sweets

We have had them lost or damaged in the past so I do not allow it now

If they do bring them they are put on the side and given back at home time

I would change the wording though like Sarah suggested

Angel xx

VINASOL
17-02-2011, 07:39 PM
thanks Sarah and Angel - will doxxx :)