PDA

View Full Version : Persona dolls

Stanfield
20-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a website or catalogue that sells THE persona dolls, not replicas but the origenal ones, does anyone know where I can find one?

Also I have seen a fantastic doll on ebay made by underprivileged Tibetan women, it looks fantastic but I wanted more info on it, I dont think they will reply before the auction is over. Has anyone heard of The Tibetan Bopa Doll Project? This is who makes the dolls, I wondered if they had teir own website where they would sell more of these dolls?

Thanks

sarah707
20-04-2008, 07:56 PM
These are the personal dolls people

http://www.persona-doll-training.org/pd/resources.php

Sorry I've never heard of the others. :D

Stanfield
21-04-2008, 08:40 AM
These are the personal dolls people

http://www.persona-doll-training.org/pd/resources.php

Sorry I've never heard of the others. :D

Thanks,

Do you know if there anywhere that they sell more traditional clothes for these dolls? I would like to have a few sets of clothes to change the dolls into.
Lucy

sarah707
21-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Sorry Lucy I don't... you could maybe contact the company from the link and ask them. :D

Tatia
21-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I think my next purchase will be a persona doll. I just can't decide which one!

deeb66
21-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I recently went on the Persona Doll training which was run by these people.

I am fortunate that I live in Surrey as our Early Years Team have provided every delegate with a doll which costs around £65.

You can get different types of clothing for the dolls directly from the company.....you can also get accessories such as glasses etc.

What I also found really good about the dolls is that their faces are pretty neutral......I was given a male doll but wanted female so now he has had a sex change :laughing:

I purchased clothes from Tesco (6-9 month range) and re dressed her!

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 10:42 PM
You lucky thing Dee

Angel xx

Stanfield
24-04-2008, 08:10 PM
I think my next purchase will be a persona doll. I just can't decide which one!

Please see my new thread named Multicultural handmade dolls...well worth a look.

jo f
24-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I have just borrowed one from our sure start resource library, I'm intreigued by them and can't afford one of my own. I personally think my mindees may be a little young yet but am going to have fum with it!!

JO S
03-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Sorry to but in but what is a persona doll? I did empathy doll training run by my local early years and we got a free doll, are they the same thing?

jo. x

Monkey1
03-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I buy a normal doll and create its own personality. Also got mil to make me 3 before she moved out!:laughing: ......that reminds me i still want the other 4 in the pattern book, perhaps i should start hinting!

Twinkles
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I recently went on the Persona Doll training which was run by these people.

I am fortunate that I live in Surrey as our Early Years Team have provided every delegate with a doll which costs around £65.

You can get different types of clothing for the dolls directly from the company.....you can also get accessories such as glasses etc.

What I also found really good about the dolls is that their faces are pretty neutral......I was given a male doll but wanted female so now he has had a sex change :laughing:

I purchased clothes from Tesco (6-9 month range) and re dressed her!

I went on this course too ( Surrey ) and got a free doll. I'm glad I didn't have to pay the £65 for it because my children are terrified of it !
It does look spookily real and one of my mindees won't even be in the same room as it :rolleyes: