PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Going Into Childminding and Spreading A Lil Sunshine :)

Princienna
17-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello Everyone
I am new to this forum so please bear with me .

I am a 27 year mummy of 4 beautiful little girls ages 3 , 4 , 6 and 6 . I have just completed a course in Access to Nursing and did apply to do Paediatrics at university . I was , unfortuantly , turned down and messed around . After I wiped away my tears and pasted a smile on my face I realised that been unsuccessful was a sign . A given opputunity to widen my horizons and go into something else that provided working with children and making them smile . Child minding .

I am a very maternal person and I love children so much that I wish I could adopt every child that was in the adoption system . I am hoping to foster when my daughter's are all older :)

Anyway .. sorry , there I go again , on and on !

I searched 'child minding' in Google and found this forum and straight away I was ' Yeah defiantly totally joining that ! '

I am hoping that you lovely people can point me in the right direction and give me advice on how to get started . I've researched for information but I'm been given all different bits of it .

I love children , creativity , baking , learning and spending time with my daughters so I feel this career is my calling . I know they're downsides to child minding , as there is with every job , but I don't feel this will put me off . I want to spread a little sunshine :) Please help me out :)

Thank-you in advance X

Lora X

Sending lots of sunshine and happy smiles :D on this dull day :/

Carol M
17-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi Lora,
Welcome to the forum.
You made a good decision, childminding is the best job in the world (most of the time)
You will get plenty of info here and be able to get support through your registration.
Wishing you all the luck in the world
Carol xx

The Juggler
17-02-2011, 02:45 PM
ah what a lovely post:) sorry to hear about your course. sounds like you would love childminding.

get in touch with your local early years team and find out where you need to start. Bear in mind you'll only be able to have 2 children max at the moment (as you have 4 of your own and all are under 8) and depending on when your 4 year old starts school only 1 under 5 so that's something to consider in terms of income you might earn.

Princienna
17-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi Girls
Thank you for your replies :) Yes I will most defiantly enjoy it :)
My 4 year old turns 5 in September and will be in full time school and my youngest will start nursery half days at the same school . Although I am thinking it may be ideal to keep her until she starts full time the following September .
I am looking into setting up next year so I've got a year to do any relevant courses and prepare my house even more child friendly . It is child friendly obviously but I mean more brighter and child like . I have a play room that will need redecorating and carpeting and more supplies and rooms moved around etc and my garden needs grassing (as it has pebbles in the back )

I was a bit worried about my rental accommodation as it is private rented ?

sarah707
17-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the forum! :waving:

I would suggest you contact your landlord first and get written permission to work from your property...

Then you can push ahead with your other plans!

Good luck with it all. Don't forget to let us know how you are getting on. :D

angeldelight
17-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi Lora

Welcome

I hope you get it sorted out keep us posted

In the meantime you can come and chat to us lot

Angel xx

funemnx
17-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Forum! :)

Princienna
18-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi
Thank you for your replies , Yeah I will speak to Landlord . He's not the nicest though I have to admit but I've researched that the house will be protected with my child minding policy . I'm sorry I can't remember the actual term . I'm so not with it today ! ( in a good way though lol )

Plus the house will always have to be presentable and clean and tidy to be able to do my work so that's counts in his favour too . I do admit I have a cleaning fetish and I love cleaning and tidying :/

I've heard that although the landlord can agree but his morgage people can decline the idea . :( X

tulip0803
18-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi Girls
Thank you for your replies :) Yes I will most defiantly enjoy it :)
My 4 year old turns 5 in September and will be in full time school and my youngest will start nursery half days at the same school . Although I am thinking it may be ideal to keep her until she starts full time the following September .
I am looking into setting up next year so I've got a year to do any relevant courses and prepare my house even more child friendly . It is child friendly obviously but I mean more brighter and child like . I have a play room that will need redecorating and carpeting and more supplies and rooms moved around etc and my garden needs grassing (as it has pebbles in the back )

I was a bit worried about my rental accommodation as it is private rented ?

Hello and welcome.

You will need to get a letter from your landlord to say that they agree to you childminding from the house to be able to childmind.

Having a good long timescale is good as a lot of people become disappointed when it takes longer than they expected. Even if you register before then you do not have to start working until you are ready.

If you are in England or Wales normally when your oldest girls are 8 they will no longer count in your numbers. So until they are 8 you will be able to look after 2 other children under 8 afterwards 4 IYSWIM.

When your next daughter starts school full-time ( 5 mornings and afternoons) then she will be classed in the 5-8 group even if she has not yet turned 5. Then you can have 2 under 5 as your oldest 3 are in 5-8 group. IYSWIM again.

However when your youngest daughter is at nursery or school part-time Mornings OR afternoons she is still in your numbers and you cannot have another child for the time that she is not with you.

Good Luck and look forward to chatting with you

Polly2
18-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Hiya! You sound like you will make the perfect cm :thumbsup: Hope it goes well with the landlord - I am in private rented and mine was great about it :thumbsup:

Speak soon x