PDA

View Full Version : Too much paperwork and policies

JCrakers
17-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi,

Found out this morning that a local childminder who got Outstanding last inspection was only given a good this time because she had gone overboard with the paperwork.
Ofsted inspector said she had too many policies and far too much written stuff. :eek:

:rolleyes: Seems we cant do right for doing wrong

Becky x

onceinabluemoon
17-02-2011, 12:32 PM
OMG that's unbelievable!

The Juggler
17-02-2011, 12:47 PM
that can't be right - how can they downgrade you for having to much :panic: :panic: :panic: it's not like it impacts on your practice negatively (as long as it's not done all day when the kids are there :laughing: :laughing: ).

Sounds like a right jobsworth to me. I'd complain if I were her.:( :( poor woman

phoebe-alice
17-02-2011, 01:21 PM
I always wonder what paperwork does everybody else keep, as the only real paperwork I do is the daily diaries and my book keeping.
I'm rubbish with the planning but I am going to try and use a family planner to organise who is here on what day and plans of what we may do. That is yet to be caught on though haha. :laughing:
What paperwork do all you ladies do?

FussyElmo
17-02-2011, 01:35 PM
She got downgraded for too much paperwork - mmm something does not ring right with that.

Phoebe-Alice you are in Scotland so your paperwork is different from us in England I dont think you have to do the EYFS like we do :thumbsup:

JCrakers
17-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Appently too many policies..??? And too much paperwork in general.
Maybe she had gone a bit ott..and done lots of unnecessary things. I would be fuming if I had done loads of work and they told me that.

Can't believe it myself really??

rickysmiths
17-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Well you do read of cms with 75 Policies and I often wonder why and how on earth do parents begin to be able to take them all in let alone to agree to them all and remember what they have agreed to. :eek:

It is good to hear that someone has be marked down for too much paperwork, we will all benefit from this in the long run.

I don't think Ofsted is looking for reams of paper they want to see that we are providing excellent care which has positive outcomes for the children in our care and that we are keeping them safe and healthy. Also that we know our children and know what stages they are at and how to progess them in a positive individual way. There is very little that were actually have to write down as long as we can demonstrate what we are doing.

Isn't this what good cms have been doing for years and long before EYFS was thought of?

SYLVIA
17-02-2011, 08:08 PM
How can they downgrade when there is no correct amount stated anywhere. Surely as long as we cover what is needed then the rest is up to us

singingcactus
17-02-2011, 08:16 PM
How can they downgrade when there is no correct amount stated anywhere. Surely as long as we cover what is needed then the rest is up to us

Maybe she had so much paperwork and policies that the inspector felt that this was preventing her from building a good and workable relationship with the parents.
I would imagine though, that if this was one of the reasons ofsted had for marking down the minder, it would certainly not be the only or the most important thing - it would possible just be an incidental suggestion.

Winnie
17-02-2011, 08:26 PM
that’s ridicules, mind you I Love my paperwork and produce quite a bit :D but maybe Ofsted lady thought it had become a barrier – maybe she had allowed it to become too important….there is a saying....something about your strength becoming a threat (and weakness becoming an opportunity) I forget the exact words :p