PDA

View Full Version : Briefing session.....What do I need?

louise2778
20-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I have my first briefing session soon. Really dont know what to expect. Do you get given lots of paperwork to cover whats been talked about or should I take a note pad and pen?

Dont want to turn up looking like someones PA if there is no need!!

What does the session cover? got a feeling I am going to know most of it thanks to all of you :thumbsup: so hopefully no nasty surprises.

I know one lady who is going who thinks its all a bit of a laugh and that childminding is just an easy way to stay at home and make money! Cant wait to see the look on her face if they start talking about policies!!! :eek:

I wallpapered my lounge today....very proud of myself lol :clapping:

avril
20-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I remember mine it was called Pathways and lasted for 4wks as the weeks passed the numbers dwindled as people did think it was an easy job until we discussed the coursed and paperwork!!

wellybelly
20-04-2008, 06:52 PM
You'll probably get a big pack at the end of the session, like I did. I took a note book and pen for notes and Im glad I did because It was great to write down responses to other peoples questions that I had'nt even thought of asking!

It might seem daunting and dont get put off, Early years are there to help us so ask anything you may have concerns about.

avril
20-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I remember mine it was called Pathways and lasted for 4wks as the weeks passed the numbers dwindled as people did think it was an easy job until we discussed the coursed and paperwork!!
I took pen and paper to make my own notes.

Avril x:)

avril
20-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry don't know what happened there my reply appeared twice!!!:blush: :blush:

avril x

louise2778
20-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry don't know what happened there my reply appeared twice!!!:blush: :blush:

avril x

I thought I was seeing double!! :laughing:

sarah707
20-04-2008, 07:22 PM
:laughing: Looks like it got over excited!

To answer your question Louise, don't panic, everyone else will be as nervous as you! Paper and pen are all you'll need.

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
20-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Agree with everyone else dont panic

Good luck

Angel xx

deeb66
21-04-2008, 01:13 PM
As the others have said.

Paper & pen is fine.

You should be given everything else that you need and receive guidence on the registration process.

Just relax and enjoy it.

Good luck

louise2778
21-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks everyone. I cant wait, I am really looking forward to getting the ball rolling.

I already have lots of policies and done a risk assesment chart and a few other bit and bobs.

Thanks to this site I am going into this with eyes wide open and so far nothing has put me off (although I did panic the first time I heard about the amount of paperwork!)

:thumbsup: